News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by Hank, July 25, 2014, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Hope it goes well and you have a speedy recovery Mitch!

revmaaatin

In the past, a few of the early birds ride together--
What time might those early birds be arriving at the campgrounds, with an intention to ride?
Will there be any kind of group ride originating on the 11th?
If so, please post an approx. start time, etc. if there are any thought of 'scouting' etc.
Otherwise, we will be a late-e-e-e afternoon show on Thursday...and ride N. Hills Thursday morning as well, etc.

I will be sponsoring a first time Dakota Dual Sport Rider--
My college comrade, (and fellow Marine) Armando is flying in from Baltimore on Tuesday evening;
we will be riding N. Hills on Wednesday (out of Sturgis, Exit 32) if anyone cares to join us...
probably be a 9ish start time, ride about 6-7 hours.
=Red Cutt, Camp Five, Bull Dog Canyon, Piedmont Trail for starters.  It will include many of the 8xxx trails (=permit trails), and other interconnecting trails.

Interested?
send me a note at
mjearl4@gmail.com  or 605.870.0012
if you would like an extra day of riding in the N. Hills prior to the official Fall Classic.

Lonesome Dave-or anyone else,
Do you have any coordinates on Horse Thief Cave?
and the other small, barred cave near Horse Thief Cave?

revmaaatin.

Lonesome Dave

Follow this link for Erskine cave.  http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=961.msg8521#msg8521

Horse Thief Cave is also known as Ice Cave.  However, there is also an Ice Cave near Jewel cave to the south.  I'm not sure which name is right, the old maps label it as Ice cave.  But, the Horse Thief name makes sense.  Horse thief's would put the stolen horses in the open top cavern and block the entrance/exit with branches.  They'd go find more horses while the others waited. 

N44 11.373 W103 24.882
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ryani

I should be arriving early afternoon.  Leaving Mitchell early Thursday AM.  I am into a short afternoon ride before dark.
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

NDave

Fri  nite   supper at  6:30       pork samich   cheezy potatos     veggys      pans of bars allways welcome     

cafe will be open at  8am for  breakfast      on our own sat nite         grills are  avalible

LD is busy with  route  planning              swap table  will   happen          extra blanket   could be handy

firewood   mite  take the bite out of the nite

grubbie

NDave        your      space   bar      is         sticking............

sandhillrider

Ndave

Bonnie says she will bring big pan of bars.
Getting all the maps in the Montana. Lost no more :)

revmaaatin

What would you think would be the earliest group-ride departure time on Friday?
Trying to blend multiple schedules together....
I may be 'herding cats' on Thursday which will require a Friday morning arrival for me.

revmaaatin.  if not herding cats, fighting a helmet fire. cough.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: revmaaatin on September 04, 2014, 01:35:15 PM
What would you think would be the earliest group-ride departure time on Friday?

9-10am would be my guess, but sometimes small groups (2-4) leave earlier.

loingrader

Quote from: grubbie on September 03, 2014, 06:05:37 PM
NDave        your      space   bar      is         sticking............

That was pretty funny Grubbie. 
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

bikergirl4ever

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:Lance & Sheri
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 11
DATE LEAVING: 14
TENT OR RV:RV
SIZE OF RV: 34'
NUMBER OF TENTS
Live, Laugh, Love

BCB1080

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:Brian/BCB1080
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: 11th late or 12th Earlyish
DATE LEAVING: 14th
TENT OR RV: Tent (still need to call and resv.)
SIZE OF RV: N/A
NUMBER OF TENTS:1

I'll be riding a 990 ... Will I be out of place? Are most people going to be on WRR's and samller dual sports?

Lonesome Dave

BCB1080, most bikes are smaller. But this past spring/summer rally we probably had more KLR's than anything else.  You shouldn't have any major problems except you'll be more tired by the end of the day!  Be sure and bring extra sleeping bag or really warm one.....running in the 40s at night.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

I'll be rolling out Friday am - actually, until yesterday, I forgot that I had taken friday off!  Sweet!

Got a new rear tire on order.  I'm ready to roll

Wacked

greatbuffalo

Brad, do you still need x-state taxi service?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?