News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by Hank, July 25, 2014, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revmaaatin

I heard from Ross Linberg of Williston, ND last night--
He will arrive Sturgis ~4pm 11 Sept and will follow in trail with Armando and I Thursday evening or early Friday morning.
Our departure from Sturgis will depend on how much maintenance we have to do after two days of riding

Ross-KLR650
Armanodo- DRZ400
rev- KLR650/KLX250

Wacked

Signing up friend

Name - Jeff
Internet Handle - CatBait
Bike - WR250F
Camping - NO.  driving in/out
Riding - maybe Friday, Sat.

bikergirl4ever

FYI. -  Today when I called the campground to make sure I had mentioned I was with the DDSR and
Live, Laugh, Love

bikergirl4ever

Wanted to make sure about the 10% discount. She didn't know anything about it and she is one of the owners. She is going to talk to the managers who are leaving and see about us getting the 10% off.
Live, Laugh, Love

Hank

We will bring plates and forks spoons etc.    Maybe we can also stop on the way and grab some muffins or something.

The weather is looking pretty bleak for Thursday at this point.

Hank

Quote from: bikergirl4ever on September 06, 2014, 09:58:55 PM
Wanted to make sure about the 10% discount. She didn't know anything about it and she is one of the owners. She is going to talk to the managers who are leaving and see about us getting the 10% off.

Maybe LD can give his contact a call.    If not I'm sure we can work it out when we get there.

Lonesome Dave

I was up at Mountain Meadow today.  Last week my grandsons and I cleared a few trees blocking a very cool route I have planned.  Yesterday, Woody and I rode the entire loop.  Its only about 55 miles, but it took us right at 4 hours so we figured 5 to 6 hours with a big group.  Don't worry, its almost all big bike friendly with a bail out included.  The most difficult was right at the end, because of downed trees on the trail and you have to go around them on an incline.  The 4 hr time includes a little mapping, lingering at different spots and "lets go back" turn arounds and many, many gates.  However, since last week, another tree fell down and blocked the route again.  Woody and I were able to kick off most of the branches on the lower end of the log and then pickup the bikes and slide them across.  Those were 250s, I don't want to do that with 650s!!  So I went back up there today with the Jeep and cut a couple of more.  But hey, now we have firewood for camp.

I asked/told her about the discounts.  Basically, the old managers said they would give us a discount depending on how many people showed up.  We didn't actually set a rate, but 10 to 15 percent depending on how many.  She's not to worried about it and is more concerned about eating times.  I told her that she could expect maybe 10 or so people for Thursday night for supper.  For breakfast on Friday, Sat and Sunday around 20 or so.  Friday night would probably be zero and Sat night I just wasn't sure because there are no plans for supper that night.  And, lunches are a crap shoot, probably a few each day. 

She just doesn't want people waiting excessive amounts of time for their food.  I told her that dual sporters are cheap at least this group is, and if she wanted to make 2 or 3 breakfast specials (biscuits & gravy and such) most would probably do that.  But she still plans on having the normal menu, it just might take longer. 

It appears we have taken all their cabins and most of their campsites.  But lots of room for tents. 

Speaking of tents.........the weather is suppose to be getting colder mid week and warming into the weekend.  They have already had a couple of mid 30 degree nights.  I would expect to see (or feel) one or two thirty degree nights this weekend, but for sure 40 degree nights.  In other words, bring extra clothes or sleeping bags.

For those who are riding here and won't have a lot of room to pack, let us know if you need something extra (another sleeping bag) I've already had a couple of volunteers for that sort of thing.  We just need to know.

One more thing......Don't forget to bring your items for the swap table.  (I'm still deciding if I'm going to sell my Wolfman Expeditions bags)
LD

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Let me know if extra gear is needed. I have a few extra sleeping mats and sleeping bags I can bring out if needed.

Lesson learned after lest year at Nemo, I have bought a propane heater for my van.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Dave, thank you so much for taking the lead on planning routes and clearing them. Its efforts like this that make these rallies a success.

There are others that should also be mentioned:
               Gerry and Dave for making food
                Heidi for food
                Jim for leading rides
                Hank for taking care of the website
                Alisa for food
          and the list goes on. I know I've missed some but you know who you are. Remember to thank these people or what they do.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

woodsrider 53 RCSD

I really enjoyed riding with Lonesome Dave last Saturday . He has planned a good loop for us to ride . We are in for a pleasant ride . Good job Dave.

sandhillrider

Should we bring bikes or snowmobiles? :)
Glad we have a cabin.

Lonesome Dave

What cabin number, I'll bring my own pillow!   :o
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ryani

The local Yamaha shop has a turbo'd 450 with the timbersled set up on it.  Maybe I'll ask if I can borrow it for the weekend
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

gerry1eye

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Gerry1eye and Son David
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 3
DATE ARRIVING: Friday morning
DATE LEAVING: Sunday night

SIZE OF RV: 26' mini-home

Hey guys, it was very very dusty when we went riding last Sunday so rain/snow is a good thing. Remember it takes an inch of rain to make a foot of snow, so 3" of snow is only a 1/4" of rain, which the warm ground will soak up and make for good riding.

In addition, the campground has electricity and I will bring several long extension cord and some 110volt electric heaters for any one to use - people staying in tents of course.

NDave thinks we should move the pulled pork cookout to Saturday night? comments? No problem for me as its ready to go, just needs to be warmed up.

Cheer up !!! the forecast is really fantastic for Friday afternoon thru Sunday afternoon  :o

fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

Fletch

riding in the snow builds character!!

not going to make it this year, have fun!!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike