News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Honda CT 90s

Started by Lonesome Dave, July 30, 2014, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Some of you may remember about a 1 1/2 ago I found a Honda CT 90 on CList.  It had 566 miles.

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=1186.msg10232#msg10232

What I probably didn't say, is they had a second one, a twin.  Basic story, back in 1971, an old guy bought them both for his son and himself to ride and go hunting.  The old guy died and his son eventually sold them to Bruce and his wife.  Bruce and his wife parted sheets about a year ago and that's when I bought the wife's.  Over the past year I've stopped by to talk to Bruce and see if he wanted to sell the twin, always no.  Yesterday, I happened to stop by Bruce's house, which has been for sale all this time.  I actually thought he probably had moved away.  There he was working in the yard and yes he sold the twin to me!!  The twin is actually a year older 1970 and it has 549 miles!  And, it also has a rifle scabbard just like the first one.

Don't know what I'm going to do with them, NOT ride the DAKAL for sure.  So I took a couple of pics and then parked them next to each other in the barn.  Put a blanket over them and.....well.....shut the doors, turned the lights out and left them alone.  ::)
They seemed very happy to be together again.  :-*  :'(

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I'm kinda jealous.

I'd ride the DAKAL on one of those, hell ya!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

I'd ride one anywhere.  Love those little mountain goats.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I think I need to join the 90 club.   Nice score Dave!

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Dr Psyko

They just look so cool. Also, I remember wanting one in the worst way when I was a kid. My Mom was a x-ray tech, and no way was I getting any motorcycle thing. Probably still fuels my motomania.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

loingrader

They look cool and they can survive a rtw trip.  At a nice relaxed pace.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

tannerc

NICE! I want a Rifle Scabbard now!   Too cool!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."