News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2014 LEAD-DEADWOOD Hare scramble.

Started by Stevsie, September 15, 2014, 11:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

I've been around that area quite a bit but have never seen those walls, Where are they?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

dufferv65

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 21, 2014, 11:15:07 AM
We saw dufferv65 go by several times.  On one lap, his rear tire hit a big rock, I thought he was going over the front, but he saved it.

That is funny, I remember hitting that hidden "big rock" and thought what the heck, then I looked to see if any one seen me do that.  Sure as heck, I seen a couple people (you being one of them) then just waved or looked at them like I knew what I was going  :D  There were a bunch of such hidden hazards that caused me to wipe out only like 2 - 4 times. 

Anywho, ended up getting 3rd in my class and came home with this awesome trophy sitting on my peg. 

Stevsie

I took second place in Open amateur! The track was a blast. My bike ran flawlessly. I rode hard every other lap and only had to gas up once.

My buddy shane decided to race at the last second and had fun too despite looping it out like six times through out the day, once being on the parade lap haha and another time right off the start. Not even out of first gear. And he was the only one started so he would have been gone but he kinda messed that up. So I was leading my buddy Devon and Trev for the first lap. The I slowed down to save my self from exhaustion. I didn't get passed until some of the 35+ guys caught up. It was nice being able to ride the first few laps with no one around and really get a feel for the course.
About the third or fourth lap I start catching other classes and there was a mix of everyone through out the track. Which made it really fun. The pro class passed me once and I tried to keep up for about 30 seconds. No way. Those guys were strait up cookin. One the second to last lap I passed my buddy devon in the tight tree section who was in second in our class. After the I rode hard because I knew he'd be trying to catch up. Well I get to the gate and he's already there. I thought right away he skipped some track but his front brake was locking up so he was out. I wasn't sure where I stood but I knew I was top two. SO I hauled butt on the last lap.

Stevsie

Quote from: dufferv65 on September 21, 2014, 11:41:22 PM
Quote from: Lonesome Dave on September 21, 2014, 11:15:07 AM
We saw dufferv65 go by several times.  On one lap, his rear tire hit a big rock, I thought he was going over the front, but he saved it.

Anywho, ended up getting 3rd in my class and came home with this awesome trophy sitting on my peg.

HAHAHAHA That's me in the upper right of of your pic riding back to the truck. I was going to ask if you were from here but there a few 650r's so I wasn't sure.

dufferv65

Thats crazy I actually asked ya what you were riding just after we got our pic taken.  How many laps did you end up with?  I ended up with 9 and just finished behind the pro vet guys.
It was sure fun but wish the track was marked better.  Got the hole shoot then got so excited got off coarse to have everyone pass me. :(

Stevsie

Quote from: dufferv65 on September 22, 2014, 11:37:36 AM
Thats crazy I actually asked ya what you were riding just after we got our pic taken.  How many laps did you end up with?  I ended up with 9 and just finished behind the pro vet guys.
It was sure fun but wish the track was marked better.  Got the hole shoot then got so excited got off coarse to have everyone pass me. :(

Funny! I'm not sure on how many laps. I just rode and rode and rode. Yeah the first lap was fun watching everyone over shoot turns and end up off the track or going the wrong way. The parade lap was funny to cause of how hard people were trying and spraying people and overall goon riding that was taking place. Kinda pissed me off so I had to pass those people.