News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

690 Enduro Thread

Started by Hank, April 20, 2014, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Sounds like we need a 690 Enduro thread.

Here is my 08.  I got it in a trade deal when I sold my WR450F last fall.       It was bone stock except the little windshield and had 8000 miles.      The previous owner used it as a commuter bike.   He's an enduro racer and races KTM (his dad owns a dealership).   He has an FMF sponsorship so he hooked me up with an FMF Q4 exhaust as part of the deal.   

I added the FMF pipe, KTM EVO1 airbox lid and then figured out how to remap with TuneECU and dropped in the EVO1 maps.   Other than those mods, desmogging, an Oberon clutch slave and a CJ racer fuel filler cap its stock.    I have a new set of Twinduros ready to  mount.

Everyone who likes thumpers needs to ride one of these things at least once.     They are ridiculously fun and I think are the ultimate "if I could only have one" bike.     Cruises nicely at 75 with little vibration and is single track capable, although I'd call something smaller a little more fun on ST.    It weighs the same as a DRZ400S and has just over 60 rwhp with the minor mods.   I don't think the front tire gets much use if you are playing on asphalt..

Dr Psyko

That looks really great, congrats and have fun!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Dr Psyko

Just found a new KTM dealer (Crosstown Cycle) here in the cities, and they seem to have a good inventory of bikes (also carry Husky), 3 1190's in stock...
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Robmicgrn

I just happened to be in Omaha, and just happened to stop by Dillon Brothers Motorsports. They just happened to have a 2014 690 sitting on the floor. It looked sorely out of place surrounded by Honda's, Suzuki's and Yamaha's, so I did the right thing and rescued it! The bike is now resting comfortably in my garage next to its new sibling.

The thing is a beast!

Let the farkling begin!
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

690 may be the perfect bike for the Cannonball Run this summer. You in Rob?  ;D

Hank

You have a big heart for rescuing that poor bike!    Congrats!     Dillon has an impressive inventory don't they?

Sent from my Pocket Altair 8800

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Hank on May 09, 2014, 11:07:03 AM
You have a big heart for rescuing that poor bike!    Congrats!     Dillon has an impressive inventory don't they?

Very impressed with Dillon, tons of bikes. On that same note, I shopped around for this bike. I am a firm believer in buying local, blah blah blah. Rice Honda, has/had the same bike, and wanted nearly 1k more for it than Dillon. Wouldn't budge or even try to work with me. This is the third time I have tried to buy a KTM from them. My 2011 530 I got out of the Missoula dealer and saved nearly 2k compared to what Rice wanted for the same bike. I tried to work with them last year on a KTM 990 Baja Edition, but they would not work with me on the price (internet is great for shopping prices). Dillon had the bike on the floor, and I was able to get it out the door for MSRP. I'm okay with that, there is not many of these bikes available. On that same note, I have had the same issue when buying vehicles here in Rapid. they will not work with you, and it drives my business out of state. I'm done ranting...... Chickenhauler and I are going to ride to Rice soon on our purchased out of state KTM"s!

Hank

I like Dillon real well too.   I saved thousandS (like 4) with the trade deal they gave me on my Tiger.     They also offered me a trade deal that was nearly 4500 better than U motors in Fargo when I asked about trading for an 1190.   I will always try to buy locally too,  but....

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Bogus Jim on May 09, 2014, 10:43:28 AM
690 may be the perfect bike for the Cannonball Run this summer. You in Rob?  ;D

Absolutely! 900 miles in 24 hours correct? ;D If I remember correctly, the suggested bike was nothing smaller than a 900....................... We will have to make due with what we got.

I would also like to add that we should attempt to complete the Custer loop first in a single day (220 miles +/- ) first since we failed that last year  :o . Maybe use it as a warm-up!

Fletch

Quote from: Robmicgrn on May 09, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

I would also like to add that we should attempt to complete the Custer loop first in a single day (220 miles +/- ) first since we failed that last year  :o . Maybe use it as a warm-up!

probably a good idea ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Robmicgrn

Rally Raid soft pannier racks, Nomadic top rack, CJ fuel filler (got rid of funky KTM locking cap), euro led tail ligh and rear fender  with sicass flat mount turn signals. Its getting closer to where I want it. Just need time to ride.................. More farkles to come.

Hank

Bogus Jim

Is that a Seat Concepts seat?

I guess with the soft pannier racks, you must be planning on some trips.

Robmicgrn

Seat concept seat. Gearing up for starbucks  ;D