News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New Orange toy

Started by Hank, April 18, 2015, 01:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

So Friday was my birthday and I got this instead of a cake.

It's a 2012 200xcw.. owned by a gal from Fargo.  Nice thing is she bought a 2014 and swapped the suspension, forks and shock,  seat, bars and clutch from the 14 into the 12 so they are all brand new!  She had a Rekluse and custom suspension etc and put all that on the 14.

It's got a few hours on it, around 115, but it's been extremely well maintained and also has new tires.

I might slap a piston and rings in it as it's so easy and cheap on a 2T.. but I don't think it needs it.   I ripped around on it a bit and it's nice and snappy.   Played with the power valve setting some and I'm surprised at the power.  209 lbs dry so it feels like a damn bicycle.   

I'm anxious to get it up to Akeley in the tight woods...

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

How are the springs? I have an 80-250 shock and .46 fork springs that I'd sell cheap, came on the bike and were way too stiff for me. Too lazy to put them on ebay...  :-\

Hank

They seem plenty stuff but I need to check the sag..

Hank

Jim how many hours  do you have on your 250?

Bogus Jim

120 hours, since I bought it. Don't know what the PO accumulated, but the cylinder still looks good. It had a new piston when I bought it.

Some guys say just watch the compression and when <= 155 psi, it's time. The 200 might have different values than the 250/300 though.

loingrader

I'm sure the HP and suspension are basically identical to my 91 kdx200 but I sure like the orange.  :o

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?