News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Big trip in June? Alaska or ??

Started by flexlarson, November 01, 2008, 03:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikeless

I think Alaska would be a great trip, but it sounds like there is limited time.  I think that we could do 1k miles a day.  It is less than 2500 miles from Watertown to Anchorage.  We could drive 2.5 days, stay for an hour and head back...  make it a long weekend!

Hank

I want to see you ride my DRZ400 1K miles a day.   You can't take your VFR.

Dustin

1000 miles a day on a DRZ400!!!  :o

Thant would pure insanity.  :evil

Hank

By the way, bikeless is Paul..    since there was no proper introduction...

Way to go Paul.

loingrader

i figured.  how is that arm problem (tennis elbow  ???) paul?

gonna be ready to ride in june?  it would be a good warmup to the 5 consecutive 1000 mile days on the drz for your alaska trip. 

a very positive attitude is the only thing that would make a trip like that possible.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

That was Chris w/ the tennis elbow.  He's still battling it.   I think it's because his purse is too heavy.

Dustin

loingrader

ah, yes, it's all coming back now. 

i've completely given up on my purse and now just carry a backpack for all my goodies.  mine too was getting much too heavy.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Crizzay23

Wow. It looks like I'm dodging bullets today. I better defend the purse accusations lest I get slandered with carrying feminine hygiene products tomorrow. 
Somehow my elbow has not recovered. I dont know what's going on but figure a doctor visit is in order soon. It hurts like hell whenever I squeeze my fist.  I do however have neoprene elbow braces that help a ton. With those babies, some cortosome shots and human growth hormone, I'll be able to hold onto the handlebars.

As for the you Hank...those lippy remarks will have you hovering over my toilet-less septic line this weekend as you're measuring up my final pieces of tile!   :P
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau

Hank

Just make sure the beer is cold and plentiful.

Dustin

Quote from: Crizzay23 on February 26, 2009, 10:25:33 AM
Wow. It looks like I'm dodging bullets today. I better defend the purse accusations lest I get slandered with carrying feminine hygiene products tomorrow. 
Somehow my elbow has not recovered. I dont know what's going on but figure a doctor visit is in order soon. It hurts like hell whenever I squeeze my fist.  I do however have neoprene elbow braces that help a ton. With those babies, some cortosome shots and human growth hormone, I'll be able to hold onto the handlebars.

As for the you Hank...those lippy remarks will have you hovering over my toilet-less septic line this weekend as you're measuring up my final pieces of tile!   :P

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Yeti

Quote from: Crizzay23 on February 26, 2009, 10:25:33 AM

Been fighting a mean case of tennis elbow myself since last September....5 visits to physical therapy last month with NO change.  :(  Gonna try cortizone next if it still kills me to ride when the season starts in earnest.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"