News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

West Fest 09

Started by joedaddy, November 20, 2008, 02:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joedaddy

Just saw on ADVrider that westfest is going to be outside Buena Vista CO this summer.  Last few days of july beginning of August.  I've ridden in this area a few times.  Love going to Silverton and Doing all the passess around there, should be a hell of a time.  I plan on trying to attend this year.  Wondering if anyone else is interested.  Wyowillys46 went to the one last year.  He rode solo and had a blast said it would have been better to have a bigger group for the trip though. 

The Yeti

I'm VERY interested in going to Westfest next year! Would be my first.

I searched and searched on ADV, but couldn't find a thread discussing next year's ride. Do you have a link you could post?
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

LittleJacket

That is an awesome area to ride.  I ran into a horizon's unlimited group doing a rally out there while I was riding to Pagosa Springs, and I was very jealous.  Those who can should put it on there calender and make a DDSR impression.
rpjohnso

joedaddy

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389392

if that doesn't work just look under the adv annual rallies page it's title is westfest 09

Hank

That sounds like fun!   So many rallies, so little time...

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hair

Hi all,
I just recently found this forum from inside Advrider. I am a North Dakota native. Although I have not lived there for 11 years.
I grew up riding dirt trails of central North Dakota.
It was a very nice surprise to see a West Fest thread in this forum.

I am the host for the 09 WF rally. It would be very exciting to see some ND, SD, MN, and MT riders at the rally.
We are trying hard to make this a rider's rally. I will be posting ride suggestions on the ADV thread. The goal is to offer up as much information about riding in the Taylor park area as I can. Please feel free to comment or make suggestions regarding any info that you would like to see posted. My goal is to make this rally very rider friendly.
One other thing that I am working on is we have a local guy who rents DS bikes. He has some KLRs, DR650 a KTM 530 and 300. I am working with him to see if he can't bring some of those bikes to WF. That way if some of the rally goers come on to the rally on a big bike can rent a smaller one to ride trails with.

Thanks again for thinking of WF. I hope to see some of you there.

LittleJacket

thanks hair-keep us posted
rpjohnso

Trl_Rdr

FYI - Hair was injured last weekend. read post: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432906 I was at Westfest 08. Not enough time to ride all the great roads!
01 XR650R - Plated, an endangered species in NE
09 GL1800 - for towing the above to riding areas

flexlarson

This is a great area to ride.
Little Jacket you have any interest in this?
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..