News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Sunday 14 June 2015

Started by tannerc, November 22, 2014, 06:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

So.... The dirt bikes are up on stands, batteries on maintainers, hibernating.  :(

Looking ahead to the 2015 riding season!

Kinda wanted to try this out.
Looks like fun.
http://www.usdualsports.com/2012/07/inyan-kara-riders-enduro.html

http://racermec.com/ Page is not updated for 2015 events yet.

So... Who is up for a Sunday ride come the second week in June 2015?   :)

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

tannerc

I figured Fletch would be in,  ;D

The trails look to be pretty decent (not too technical)

I believe this guy is running in the C class.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

I'll come out and be your Medic and pit crew for you guys but my body is just not up to such a race anymore.

I did give it a thought a couple years ago but definitely not now.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

not sure who the sadistic bastiges are that lay out the course, but you will get beat up. Expect nicely bruised shoulders and arms, plus it is usually HOT!!  But it is a good time and I'm sure you will enjoy it. If you want to ride the next day you are tougher than me ;)

Stevsie

I'm currently gearing my bike up for some more enduros next year. I would even like to try an endure cross this winter as well. But we'll see how ready the bike is.

Working on bark busters, bigger tank, new wheels and tires, skid plate, and gytr Yamaha add ons. I plan on doing the race in upton next year. I'm hoping ski mystic has more races next year too. Something about riding a ski slope tickles my fancies

Fletch

Nice thing about Upton is it is not an Enduro, no time keeping required.  :)  just ride the test sections fast as you can and the transfer sections a little slower to rest. you also get to rest if you get to the next section early, so it's pretty damn nice for those of us who are a bit on the slow side ;)

grubbie

Don't go there if it has rained recently. The bentonite mud will lock up your wheels. The trails are fun and not greatly difficult, but some very tight spots. I have ridden there several times, but not at race speed by any means. There are some other trails that aren't marked, just have to explore a little. I rode one that followed a power line near the highway that took me to Osage that was kinda fun, then gravel all the way back to Upton.

tannerc

Quote from: grubbie on November 24, 2014, 08:49:46 PM
Don't go there if it has rained recently. The bentonite mud will lock up your wheels. The trails are fun and not greatly difficult, but some very tight spots. I have ridden there several times, but not at race speed by any means. There are some other trails that aren't marked, just have to explore a little. I rode one that followed a power line near the highway that took me to Osage that was kinda fun, then gravel all the way back to Upton.

If I read that correctly.. Grubbie is in if it doesn't rain?

Fletch

Quote from: tannerc on November 24, 2014, 11:46:33 PM
Quote from: grubbie on November 24, 2014, 08:49:46 PM

If I read that correctly.. Grubbie is in if it doesn't rain?

that's the way I understood it...

grubbie

HA! Yeah right! I'll be the guy in the back.......waayyy back. Just sit back and have a couple beers and I'll be along in a little while. I don't quite understand why tannerc is always trying to get me killed......sadistic bugger......I like to ride the trails but I'm not fast enough to compete, nor do I have the right equipment. Especially when Fletch considers himself "a little on the slow side".
Still, would be fun to try just once, just to say I did.

tannerc

Quote from: grubbie on November 26, 2014, 08:49:39 PM
HA! Yeah right! I'll be the guy in the back.......waayyy back. Just sit back and have a couple beers and I'll be along in a little while. I don't quite understand why tannerc is always trying to get me killed......sadistic bugger......I like to ride the trails but I'm not fast enough to compete, nor do I have the right equipment. Especially when Fletch considers himself "a little on the slow side".
Still, would be fun to try just once, just to say I did.

I want to do it just to say I did as well, that and I have not ridden in that area and it looks like a nice place to ride.
I wont be in competition mode either, I plan on riding at my own pace and Im 100 % positive I wont be taking any ribbons/trophies home :D
I think it would be a cool event to check out, lots of bikes and things to look at.

Fletch

The C class will leave you wishing for more, the B class will leave you completely worn out but it's well worth it

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Fletch on November 27, 2014, 12:55:51 PM
The C class will leave you wishing for more, the B class will leave you completely worn out but it's well worth it

And the A class will just leave you completely behind... by the 3rd turn.  ;D

Fletch

Lol. Yea, but the B class runs the same course as A so you can at least say you did the same thing as the big boys  ;)