News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New design 2015 WR250F

Started by grubbie, December 08, 2014, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grubbie

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/10/20/2015-yamaha-wr250f-motorcycle-review-first-look-photos-specifications/

Pretty excited....I love my WR250R, but always wished for a little more power. I love my Wr250F, but always wished for a 6th gear, and maybe some fuel injection. Looks like Yamaha is trying to talk me out of both of my WR's, but I will still want to see the maintenance requirements on this 2015 F model. One of my favorite things about the R is that it requires such little wrenching. I don't usually buy first model year on stuff if I can help it, but this one is tempting.

Lonesome Dave

Oh man......maybe there will be some cheap WR2s coming up for sale.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Finally, Yamaha makes a dirt bike with 6 speeds. The new YZ250FX is also 6-speed.

It looks interesting, if you're in the market for a 250 4-stroker. I think maintenance intervals will probably be the same as most dirt bikes.

Bogus Jim

Grubbie & LD - did you guys ride the 2015 after breakfast? What did you think? Yamaha must be pretty proud of it, Powersports is asking $8300 I think.

They've also got one of the new FJ-09's in stock. Initially I thought that bike would be a 800cc FJR but it's not.

greatbuffalo

That FJ-09 is a killer machine. Like the 07 but way better.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

Yeah we rode it. Didn't get it out on the highway, just a few gears through the parking lot. We rode a stock version and a slightly modded version that the mechanic had. It felt a lot like my F, LOTS of power. I was ready to pull the trigger on the new F, but can't license it in Wyoming. They really tightened up their rules on that last year. Can't even plate it in another state and transfer it. If it doesn't have a DOT safety sticker, it's a no-go. But....a four wheeler is okay.......go figure. If I could plate it I would likely buy it.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: grubbie on March 31, 2015, 08:58:03 PM
I was ready to pull the trigger on the new F, but can't license it in Wyoming. They really tightened up their rules on that last year. Can't even plate it in another state and transfer it. If it doesn't have a DOT safety sticker, it's a no-go.

That is happening in a lot of states unfortunately. South Dakota will probably follow...

tannerc

Quote from: grubbie on March 31, 2015, 08:58:03 PM
Yeah we rode it. Didn't get it out on the highway, just a few gears through the parking lot. We rode a stock version and a slightly modded version that the mechanic had. It felt a lot like my F, LOTS of power. I was ready to pull the trigger on the new F, but can't license it in Wyoming. They really tightened up their rules on that last year. Can't even plate it in another state and transfer it. If it doesn't have a DOT safety sticker, it's a no-go. But....a four wheeler is okay.......go figure. If I could plate it I would likely buy it.

There is a way around this yet grubbie! In South Dakota you do not have to be a resident to register and license a vehicle.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdor.sd.gov%2FMotor_Vehicles%2FNon_Resident_Information%2FPDFs%2FMemo%2520to%2520CT%2520on%2520non_residence.pdf&ei=poMbVaHJAfiPsQTjjYG4BQ&usg=AFQjCNHLJpu3TRZNH0gExzQ3pK4nYvqkDQ&bvm=bv.89744112,d.cWc
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

tannerc

The link is to a PDF, I couldn't get the txt pulled out with adobe.

It appears SD just wants your money $$$
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

I hope SD doesn't follow suit.  What a pain that will be.    I know in many states plating a KTM is easier than other brands because they don't stamp "off-road only" on the MSO

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

grubbie

There is a way around this yet grubbie! In South Dakota you do not have to be a resident to register and license a vehicle.

But,.....as a Wyoming resident you will be ticketed for running SD plates in Wyo., they have even ticketed SD residents that I work with for not having Wyoming plates, as they work full time in Wyoming.