News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Harbor freight lift

Started by tannerc, December 23, 2014, 08:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

tannerc

Acquired a HF lift, so far so good. A bit of modification is going to be needed but over all it's a solid lift.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

woodsrider 53 RCSD

I would love to have one of these.

Hank

I was asking Santa for one of those too, but I don't think he's going to deliver.   Bastard.

tannerc

It came pretty much together, I just had to install the wheels and wheel chock. I think I will be looking into a better wheel chock, better tie down points, and anti slip surface. The shiny red paint could be slippery when wet, some rhino liner or stick down sand paper traction strips might do. The tie down points are floating U bolts, I think I may add a pice of strap steel to top and bottom and make them rigid.
It gets the bike up plenty high to avoid back aches. It rolls around pretty easy, even with a bike on it up in the air. Gets pretty low for loading unloading a bike.
I am sure there are probably a few threads about mods on adv and such just havent looked for them yet. (people went all out with the HF tire changing system)

tannerc

greatbuffalo

I've been eyeballing these too. Will be nice to hear how you feel about down the road a bit. I've read were some guys convert them to a hydro pump or compressed air. That has the foot pump, right?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

Hank

These are on sale right now.  Think I'm going to grab one in Fargo tomorrow.

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

tannerc

tannerc

Also... If you have a subscription to Dirt Rider there is always 2 pages of coupons for HF in there. One thing they have one for a is a MC stand for under $20, $19.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/dirt-bike-stand-67151.html

Hank

Picked one up on the way through Fargo today.   Seems pretty good to me for the cash.    Definitely a little lighter, build quality is so-so, but for the hobbiest I think it should work well.

Hank

Clay and I were discussing the differences between our lifts.  My pedals are in a different place, my pedals have rubber pads, I got 4 U-bolts with double nuts, he got 2, my casters were installed, his weren't... so HF must have a few Chinese sources and they aren't quite on the same page!

greatbuffalo

I really need to get one of these. Almost pulled the trigger in the fall but other things cam up.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

I will be looking for one of these and a manual tire machine if my contractor ever gets my house done... any advice on tire machines?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike