News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Started by GOZFST, November 23, 2008, 10:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOZFST

Just found your site, let me introduce myself. My name is Bob Stubbs, I currently live in Andover, MN but my wife and I just bought a house near Piedmont for retirement. We have been riding dual sport bikes since the late 60's and spent our honeymoon in Deadwood at the Franklin Hotel. We have been trail riding in the Hills since then. We both roadraced in the 70's and up to 1990. She had a TA125 Yamaha and I raced a Guzzi in the Battle Of The Twins. We do quite a bit of street riding but she seems to do more long rides than I do. She currently rides a BMW K75RT, a BMW F650Gs and an old TW200 Yamaha. I ride a BMW R1100r, a BMW F650GS and a Buell S1 Lightning. Looking forward to spending my retirement donking around the hills. My dad was born in Mud Butte back in 1918 and had some great stories about the area.

Hank

Welcome Bob!   That is a nice stable of bikes, and it sounds like you've got many great stories to share.  Hope you make it to our June rally so we can hear more.

When do you plan to move to the Hills?

flexlarson

Welcome
Sounds like you have some great experiences and knowledge to share with all us newbies. WELCOME
When you get out here drop me an email. Well ride.
Brian
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

loingrader

welcome to the board and welcome back to the area (in due time).
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

GOZFST

Quote from: Hank on November 24, 2008, 06:18:52 AM
Welcome Bob!   That is a nice stable of bikes, and it sounds like you've got many great stories to share.  Hope you make it to our June rally so we can hear more.

When do you plan to move to the Hills?
I've got 1 1/2 years to 62, but if the economy doesn't pick up I might have to work until I croak. The plan was to sell our house here in MN in 2010 and move then. My wife travels alot for work and needs a Hub airport to travel out of. But if she can convince her boss that she can fly out of Rapid we may get to move earlier. It's all up in the air for now. We will be spending more time in the Hills next summer but probably will spend a lot of time working on the new house. When and were is the June Rally? Hope to meet you guys soon.

The Yeti

Welcome!

QuoteWhen and were is the June Rally?

Third weekend of June, see here:

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=121.0

Also, we are planning a Fall Rally, third weekend of September.  Hope you'll be able to join us for one of 'em!  If not, let me know when you're up in the hills, I'm always up for a ride.  ;D
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

GOZFST

Quote from: The Yeti on November 26, 2008, 09:31:16 AM
Welcome!

QuoteWhen and were is the June Rally?

Third weekend of June, see here:

http://dev.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=121.0

Also, we are planning a Fall Rally, third weekend of September.  Hope you'll be able to join us for one of 'em!  If not, let me know when you're up in the hills, I'm always up for a ride.  ;D
That sounds like a fun time. I'll have to check my schedule at work. We have our twice a year mandatory inventory weekend about that time. I hope I can make one of the rides. My buddy got chased by a cow buffalo 2 years ago in Custer State Park. It only chased him for about 30 yards but the rest of us thought he done for. We took the road through Galena up the hill after the creek crossing and I got alot of grief for that. The wives thought it was too rutted and my buddy on his 1150 GS thought he was gonna lose it a couple of times.