News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Custom Enduro for shorter riders?

Started by ShermanTanker, January 23, 2015, 08:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShermanTanker

I have always wondered why motorcycle manufactures do not make an intermediate sized motorcycle for us shorter riders? If you see how the bicycle world has catered to the many sized riders you think sooner or later the motorcycle would do the same. I have owned everything from huge pigs like the Buell Uly to CR500's, to XR400's all the way down to a KX100. In my mind the perfect sized bike for me would a KX100/ XR100 chassis that was lengthened 2-3" and a swing arm stretch of 2".  I feel that a 4 stroke or a big bore two stroke would be amazing in one of these bikes. The 19" wheel I feel is adequate but the 16" rear I would want to up to an 18".  To sum it up in an easier to read list it would be.

KX100/ XR100 chassis Stretched 3"
Swing arm stretched 2" to achieve 55" wheelbase
Big bore two stroke engine or electric start 4 stroke
18" rear wheel conversion
fork upgrade with stock 19" wheel

I may finally start on slowly building this idea into something real but I wouldn't mind some input on my rough cut of an idea.

Aaron

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

ShermanTanker

Well this went a slightly different way than I had originally intended but I feel that this should be a pretty fun thing to build! BW200!!!

greatbuffalo

I was looking at those the other day. Didn't they also Make a BW350?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ShermanTanker

Yes they did! It had a rear mono shock. I wish I could have found one of those!

greatbuffalo

the 200's are quite rare but the 350's are almost nonexistent.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?