News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Riding Gear

Started by tannerc, June 27, 2015, 10:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

This guy was wearing his gear and it had to save his life. I saw 49mph before impact.  :o
He may have been riding beyond his capabilities, it looks like he might have been trying to keep up with his friend in front of him.

The gopro left its housing too.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

That is really ugly!   

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Bogus Jim

Hard to tell exactly what happened, but if you watch his right hand, seems like he might've grabbed a handful of front brake when he saw the truck and got a handlebar wobble going.

He's definitely used up one of his nine lives.

greatbuffalo

Might have been 45ish on his speedo but add that to the 45ish of the truck and you have a 90ish mph impact. Head on at 90 is almost certain death. Looks like he may of hit the Left front corner and not taken the full on impact but he sure is a lucky dude. I say lucky but I don't have the months of rehab he does. He may be saying otherwise in a few weeks. Would be curious to know just what his injuries were.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

Similar thing happened to guy here Mitchell, except he took it to the head without a helmet. lets just say he lived to tell about it but he ain't right and will never ride again.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I had my first, and hopefully last turkey kill tonight.  Smaller turkey luckily, took off on a low altitude trajectory into my forks and front wheel.  No damage to Tiger or pilot.  Turkey was a total loss.

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Lonesome Dave

I had a near miss this past  Monday.  One of local buzzards was enjoying a nice road kill on side of the road when apparently I was going to fast for him to hear soon enough.  I saw him early enough, but I could see his eyes and big red neck/head.  We both lived.  I'm sure he went back to dinner.  I went to Wy.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

tannerc

tannerc