News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab, March 14-20, 2015

Started by Hank, January 28, 2015, 07:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

So far we have 4 in the condo, which takes up the beds, but I think another person on an air mattress would work fine, so yes!

I don't think it would be too cozy with 5.

Hank

We don't have any more bike or people space in the vehicle, but maybe you can talk some of these gents into joining you for the drive and picking up a 2nd condo ;)

Hank

I'm not sure my last two posts are clear...

To sum it up:

The vehicle and trailer are full.
The condo should have room for 1 more with an air mattress, so you or anyone else is more than welcome to join us.

Any more than 1 more, and more accommodations are needed unless we want to get really cozy!

dufferv65

Very interested in this Moab trip.  Just a matter of whether or not my soon to be new boss will allow me to take the week off starting transferring my new/different job location in a week.  I'm sure they wont care but I haven't even talked to them yet let alone asking them to take a week off!  :o
Whats the skimmy on the Condo?  Could be just me,sleeping on the floor if still room or possibly another so may need to find another condo. 
Probably wont know for sure until another week or two but I would like to have more info.  If you want you can just inbox me...

Hank

Still have 4 in the condo, room for one more I think.   We have 4 in my truck with my trailer, so that is full (real full).

If you and Dr. P wanted to come out, we could put 3 in each vehicle which would be much roomier.    Check VRBO.com for condos..  We are going to be in the Rim Village area South of Moab which is loaded with condos.

Hank

One of our guys is having to drop out for family reasons, so we have a 4th spot available in the truck and condo.

dufferv65

Leave at work is in and approved! 8) now its a matter of whether or not the lil piggy is ready, good thing i have a spare!

Hank

Good deal Duffer!     How about you Dr. P?

Duffer, don't know if you have a heated shop, but you could haul your bike down to Watertown and use mine, then just leave it here so its ready to roll.

My KTM is nearly ready to roll.
Last night we got the WR250F ready and tonight we're going to prep the DRZ.
This Sat I'm going to finish up the KTM and get the trailer bearings packed.

dufferv65

Quote from: Hank on February 25, 2015, 07:02:32 AM
Good deal Duffer!     How about you Dr. P?

Duffer, don't know if you have a heated shop, but you could haul your bike down to Watertown and use mine, then just leave it here so its ready to roll.

My KTM is nearly ready to roll.
Last night we got the WR250F ready and tonight we're going to prep the DRZ.
This Sat I'm going to finish up the KTM and get the trailer bearings packed.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not too worried about the XR, might find a new tire to throw on a spare rim, change oil, and might toss on the rack for a place to put some items(tools, spare tube, and a snack) rather than having to wearing a fanny pack!
If we left tomorrow I would take the bike the way it sits. 

Hank

If you're putting on a tire, I'd get a trials tire.   They are nice on the slick rock.

dufferv65

Quote from: Hank on February 25, 2015, 09:09:07 PM
If you're putting on a tire, I'd get a trials tire.   They are nice on the slick rock.

Literally just ordered the new MotoZ mountain Hybrid!  Couldn't think of a better place to test one out!

Hank

Long range forecast is showing above normal temps for 2nd week of March, which means it will probably be around 60.    Right now the 10 day forecast is showing 60 for a few days before we arrive.    Its been pretty cool there the last week, so this (knock wood) is a nice development.

13 days to launch.

Hank

Finished up prepping the 400 today.    Changed the oils, checked valves, air filter, mounted a Michelin 'trials tire, greased the swingarm bearings and mounted a little rack on it.      I picked up a Wofman Enduro tankbag and threw the Mojave side bags on.    When my brother in law sold his 530 I grabbed some of his take-offs - a Rekluse LHRB, Acerbis tank and Pivot Pegs.   They went on too.

Also threw on a seat concepts cover and foam.. sorry Brad I put things off too long.    The SC seat is nice, but I liked my Wacked seats better!

I have a T50 air stapler now if anyone ever needs to borrow it.

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

Whacked made me a beautiful seat for my WR and has my Tiger seat now. Can't wait to see how that one comes out.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?