News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Possible Cave Hills ride for the Rally

Started by greatbuffalo, June 16, 2015, 12:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

I'm thinking about doing a ride to the Cave Hills on Friday or Saturday, probably Saturday. I really don't know that area very well so I'm just setting up some tracks on the GPS program and what ever happens.......... happens. I'd like to find Ludlow Cave while up there. Does anyone have coordinates for this?

Anyone have experience in that part of the area?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Okay, I'm confused.  It's not the first time!  Does this mean you want to ride the hills searching for caves.  Or is it "Cave Hills".  I'm not trying to be a smart arse, I just don't know where the "Cave Hills" are at.  Sounded interesting.  If its searching for caves, there's numerous ones in the Jasper burn area.  Ones from last year and more.  I believe the trail conditions over there would be good, but its still a very long way to get there.  I've been planning on riding over there around Hell Canyon this spring, but it won't quit raining.  Mainly towards the north west area of the canyon. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

I was up there last summer... did not find Ludlow Cave, and I don't have GPS coordinates.

I think from the Fish n' Fry this would be an ALL DAY ride. Maybe head up through the grand canyon and then camp crook road. Not a bad way to spend Saturday but probably won't get back to base camp until dark.

greatbuffalo

Dave, I'm talking the North Cave Hills up near Buffalo. Was trying to put some tracks together. It is a long trip and you'd have to move along to get it done in a day. Maybe would be best to plan this at another time and plan to camp up there. There is a lot of interesting terrain between the hills and there. Would be a fun ride.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Got it, I thought the name sounded familiar.
Older - Wiser - Faster !