News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

GPS vs Iphone5

Started by Kevin, February 10, 2015, 08:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I currently have a BMW NavIII GPS and I am considering upgrading, but after pricing the NavV (Ouch) I have been pondering using my IPhone 5 for navigation.  Does anyone know of a good powered, weather proof handlebar mount that will provide interface with my autocom on board intercom system?

Thanks in advance! 
Look ahead and you'll shred...

greatbuffalo

You could put a bluetooth receiver on your autocom to get signal from your phone. I'm looking at bluetooth com units so I can scrap my autocom.

As for waterproof mounts I can't help. I know there are a slew of Iphone gadget out there and I'm sure there is a waterproof mount but one that will connect to your autocom may be a difficult search.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Kevin

Quote from: greatbuffalo on February 11, 2015, 10:06:45 AM
You could put a bluetooth receiver on your autocom to get signal from your phone. I'm looking at bluetooth com units so I can scrap my autocom.

As for waterproof mounts I can't help. I know there are a slew of Iphone gadget out there and I'm sure there is a waterproof mount but one that will connect to your autocom may be a difficult search.

I too have researched the Blue tooth option...  I will be interested in what you ultimately select..
Look ahead and you'll shred...

greatbuffalo

I was minutes late to grabbing a brand new Scala g4 set off ADV for 100 bucks off low advertised price so I'm still looking. I have looked closely at the Uclear hbc 200. I liked the G4 because it has a jack for earbuds.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?