News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June 2015 Sign up

Started by Hank, February 11, 2015, 07:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

The 2015 Dakota Dual Sport Riders June rally will once again be held in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  Camping will be at the Fish 'n Fry campground just south of Deadwood, SD: http://www.fishnfry.com/

Location is here:

We will be staying on the Hillside Loop once again.

Dates are June 18, 19, & 20, 2015.  You can arrive anytime after noon on Thursday, June 18, departing on Sunday, June 21. Weather should be dry and warm - avg high 78, avg low 52.  BUT, this is South Dakota...if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.  ;-)  Cell service has been OK in the campground the last couple years, and its only 2 miles to the top of Strawberry Mountain if you do have trouble.

Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - $8 per person/night, RVs/Campers - $21 per night.  You will pay the campground when you arrive, no pre-payment required. I will reserve all tent sites from entries on this sign-up thread. FnF have cabins available as well, but you will need to reserve those yourself by calling Gary or Michelle. Also please call and reserve RV sites on your own.  Make sure you tell them you are with DDSR to get the special discount!

Fish 'n Fry phone number:   (605) 578-2150

As of 3/1/15, some of the cabins are taken, call soon if you want a cabin or RV.

We will have enough room for plenty of tents.  RV sites near the tent sites are at a premium and need to be reserved as far in advance as possible, although there will be plenty of RV spots available away from "ground zero".

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

The Fish 'n Fry campground (FnF) has full showers (coin operated, bring a couple of quarters if you don't want to smell like a dirty biker!), real bathrooms (with sinks & mirrors!), a general store (with beer), a small restaurant (with beer on tap!) and a grill and shelter we can use if it rains. 24hr gas station/convenience store right across the street, and Deadwood is only 10 minutes away. There are picnic tables, but if you want a guaranteed seat by the fire you better bring your own.

Electricity is available to charge cell phones, iPods, etc., however it is outside, so use at your own risk!

Firewood from outside the campground is not permitted (sometimes an exception is made for us DDSR folks, though).
The FnF has bundles of wood for $X.

Limited food will be provided, but plan on fending for yourself during the day.
- Organized food TBA

Cars, trucks & bike trailers will have room to park, but could be a ways away from your campsite.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. Hank, Great Buffalo, Lonesome Dave, any other DDSR member, the FnF campground or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FISHING: Fishing is allowed along the creek running into and out of their little stock pond at FnF, and a fishing license is not required.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest. Click the link about halfway down this page on the right-hand side (Application: Annual Motorized Trail Permit):

Permits Here!

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Hank

The "IN" list:

GB and Zippy, 2 riders, 1-3 guests - Cabin
Hank and ORedenbacher, 2 riders, maybe 4 riders if the kids are willing - 2 tents
John and Ricky from GLDs, 2, 24 ft RV
Robmicgrn, 1 (Family may come and camp), 30 ft RV
Lonesome Dave, 1, 24' RV
Grubbie and Heidi, 2, 27ft RV
Woody, 2, 20 ft RV
Osnabrock, 1, tent
Sandhillrider, 4, Rented rooms
Lowell Hewitt, 1, cabin
FiskoDisko, 1, tent
NDave, 1-3, 21 ft toy hauler
Chaz925, 6?, tents
Dr. Psycho/Jake, 2, tents
Wild Irishman, 1, tent
Wacked, 3, rooms
NDirt Rider, 2, tents
Rondawg, 1, camper
Ryani, 3, ?
Ziggy, 2, RV
Sprout, 2, ?

greatbuffalo

Greatbuffalo with Zippy + my Anne. My Mom and Dad may join us, more for company for my wife, and to give them some time away.

So that's 2 riders and 1 - 3 guests. We will get a cabin.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Hank, Cara, and probably 2 young 'uns.. in

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Hank / Oredenbacher
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 4
DATE ARRIVING: 18
DATE LEAVING: 21
TENT OR RV: Tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS: 2

ktmrules

John and Ricky for GLDS will be there

ktmrules

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: John and Ricky from GLDs
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 6/16
DATE LEAVING: 6/21
TENT OR RV: rv
SIZE OF RV: 24 foot
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Fletch

I'll probably just show up to ride..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Robmicgrn

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Robmicgrn
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1 (Family may come and camp)
DATE ARRIVING: June 18 (maybe before)
DATE LEAVING: June 21
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: 30'
NUMBER OF TENTS:
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Lonesome Dave
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2 (I think she'll be there most of the weekend) 
DATE ARRIVING: June 18
DATE LEAVING: June 21
SIZE OF RV: 24'

Mrs LD will show for at least one night (sounds like the whole weekend).  My daughter Jamie will also stop by to say hi.  Considering she knows so many of you now!  Jamie is now planning on being there one night.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

grubbie

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Grubbie (Rob) and Heidi
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 6-18
DATE LEAVING: 6-21
SIZE OF RV: 27
NUMBER OF TENTS:

mack605

I (Al) and my wife to be (Toni) live in Deadwood. Toni is the owner operator of the Pumphouse Coffe and Deli/Mindblown Studio in Deadwood. She is a hot glass blower and summer time being tourist time keeps us busy. If we find the time we'll try to meet some of you folks and do a bit of riding. We just bought her KLR last week so we're both noobs but we're lucky enough to live here! ;)
Al

woodsrider 53 RCSD

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  WOODSRIDER 53
NUMBER IN YOUR   PARTY:  2
DATE ARRIVING:  06/18/15
DATE LEAVING:  06/21/15
SIZE OF RV: 20 ft.
NUMBER OF TENTS:0

Bogus Jim

Quote from: woodsrider 53 RCSD on April 19, 2015, 09:17:44 AM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  WOODSRIDER 53
NUMBER IN YOUR   PARTY:  2
SIZE OF RV: 20 ft.

Looks like Stan the Man scored an RV! If it's rockin, don't come knockin.

Lonesome Dave

Rock on Woody!  Now you need to buy a bigger pickup.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

woodsrider 53 RCSD

I hope the one I have will do the job.