Osnabrock

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: John/Osnabrock
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:TBD
DATE LEAVING:Sunday
TENT OR RV:Tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:1

I missed last year and I don't want to make it a habit.
"Don't be scared, it's fun.  I'll cheer you on."

sandhillrider

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Mark/Sandhillrider
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 4, Bonnie, my brother and nephew and me
DATE ARRIVING: 6-18
DATE LEAVING: 6-21 or 6-22
TENT OR RV:  2 rooms in the Fish and Fry Hilton
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Going to try and stay a extra day or two.
Will be good to see everyone again.

hipster

I'm going to miss out on the rally this year, riding up to Alaska in June.

Dan, we'll have to finish the northern half of the Dakal, maybe sometime this summer?

Tom

greatbuffalo

Sounds good Tom. Have a great ride north. You going with Sleddog?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lowell Hewitt

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Lowell Hewitt
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: June 18
DATE LEAVING: June 21
TENT OR RV: Fish 'N Fry Cabin
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:
Lowell Hewitt

greatbuffalo

Welcome Lowell.

Go on over to the new members introduction area and tell us a bit about yourself. Looking forward to meeting you.

FiskoDisco

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Ryan Fisk / FiskoDisco
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday, June18th
DATE LEAVING: Saturday night, June 20th
TENT OR RV: Tent
SIZE OF RV: N/A
NUMBER OF TENTS: 1

I will be leaving from Bismarck so if anyone wants to carpool along the way let me know. I do have to leave Saturday night for obligations in Bismarck on Sunday. Cell # (701) 220-926.

NDave

NDave

1.    Person.     So. Far      Probably 2.   More KLR.  Riders from Bis.   Dale. &. Darrel

Arrive.      Thur June 1
       depart.      Sun. June 21

21ft.    Toy hauler

grubbie

20 days??? Dang, NDave takin the rally to the Nth level!

Chaz925

I am planning to make it to the ride in June. I have a few questions.  Maybe some of you can help.
1. Do we NEED to reserve a spot?  I don't really know how many people / tents there will be for sure yet but it will be at least three up to maybe 6 tents/people.
2. Can we put a few tents on one spot? Do the spots have power?
3. We will have all levels of riders in our group from pretty green to a couple of guys that will want to get into more difficult terrain. Are there locals that can let us know what we are getting into? I lived in the hills a few years but never rode off road on the trails.
4. We are riding our bikes from grand forks, nd. Leaving Thursday evening and arriving fri afternoon. Are the rides planned before the day or does everyone just kind of freelance each day?
5. where do we get the sticker for the trails? Can we buy one once we get there?
That's it for now. We are pretty excited, and can't wait to get there.

greatbuffalo

Chaz,

If you are tenting you will NOT need a reservation. We have a large area that all the tents are and you just kinda find a spot. The cost is 8 bucks a tent I think. There is power spread out over that area so you'll be able to plug in somewhere.

There are riders of all experience levels. In the morning when we are planning the day, we let folks know what kind of terrain that will be encountered over the ride. Most of our larger group rides are pretty easy going and no one is left behind. There will be a ride for everyone.

Rides are usually planned by our ride leaders ahead of time but they are always subject to change, so the rides fpr the day are usually discussed over breakfast. We are a group that is never in a hurry to get out riding at sun-up. We usually take our time. We are a very loosely organised group.

Trail stickers can be bought on line before the event. Go to the Black Hills Nat Forest website and follow the links. You can also buy trail permits just outside of Rapid City on Hwy 16 south of town at the Nat Forest office. They can also be found at the Lake Pactola Visitor's center which is maybe 10 miles south of the Campground. That being said you are better off to get them as soon as you get into the area instead of waiting till the morning ride.

Hope this answers your questions. Any erroneous info on my part will be corrected by someone who is smarter than me.

Should be a great time. 

Chaz925

Thanks that clears it up. See you there.

Dr Psyko

Jake and I will be out again this year. Trailering again (we've ridden out and back 4 times, done that) this year. Be there Thursday night!

Tim
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Wild Irishman

Put me down for 3 nights in a tent gentlemen.  Thusday, Friday & Saturday nights.  I might bring my son on one or two of those nights so we can do some fishing.

I'm a Black Hills resident and I know the eastern hills very well but I'm not really familiar with the Bearlodge and Northern Hills districts.  I'm going to trailer my 2 stroke trail bike and my adventure bike and just go with the flow for the day.   

-Chris
- Eire

Fletch

trail permits can also be purchased at the visitors center at I-90 exit 61 (across from flying J truck stop) very handy if you are coming from the east..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike