2003 BMW GS 1150 dual sport 35K miles - $4800 (Sturgis)

Started by numb41, February 16, 2015, 07:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

numb41

anyone know this bike or it's owner? seen it last nite on craigslist.  I'm having problems with my email and i'm not sure if my message was sent.

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

grubbie

Foster!!! Good to see you're still kickin! Gonna make a rally this year?

numb41

Hey guys!  Yea, it's been awhile.  I cant make it to the get together in june...prime time spraying season.  I've got the urge to do some traveling in august, namely indianapolis to see the moto gp race and the dirt track mile that's held at the indy fairgrounds.  in the past years, they held these two events in the same week,  just found out that aint happening this year.  pikes peak might be on the 'to do' list instead.  i pretty much had my sights on a y@m@h@ fjr until i seen this bike on craigslist.  it's the same year as my 650 and the same color so i thought it might be cool to add it to the stable.  i'm having fits trying to email the fella, they keep coming back as 'undeliverable'.  anywho, the fall get together might be more doable.  thanks for thinkin of me!

loingrader

Get an fjr.  They are amazing.  I put 30k on one in 18 months.

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

I agree. Have known many guys with FJRs and they all love them. Great sport touring machines. I rode an older one for a weekend and found the rear edges of the fairing were too far back and found myself hitting my knees on them. Just an annoyance really.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Just looked at that BMW on CL. At first glance it looks poor taken care of. That would be a red flag for me. There's no reason for a bike like that of that age and mileage to have a roached seat.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

numb41

GreatBuff, I know the bike looks 'ranched out'...if you seen my 650 and the way i treat it, you would see that it would fit right in.  That being said, I pulled the trigger on an '05 FRJ.  I pick it up friday.  I.  Can't .  Wait!!!
Bret, 30K in 18 months!??!  omg

loingrader

Yep.  On a brand new 05 abs I slapped my deposit down on in the spring of 2004.  Awesome machine.  Like riding a civilized jet turbine.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2