News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New Place for Spring rally

Started by Hank, February 13, 2015, 06:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Quote from: greatbuffalo on February 16, 2015, 02:57:38 PM
Okay folks. Hank tossed this into my corner so here goes. I worked all night and just got woken up by a return call so forgive me if the cobwebs in my head make me screw up.

Crooked Creek Resort, Hill City. June 18 - 22. http://www.crookedcreeksd.com   605-415-8760. You must use this number and speek to Michelle. (yes kinda strange)

What they have available;  See website for explanations. 5% off for group and still on off season rates I believe
2 Comfort cabins. heat, AC, sleeps like 8.      around 90 bucks a night. I have already reserved one of those.
4 camper cabins         around 50 bucks a night
6 motel rooms with one queen. Not sure of price.

Plenty of tent spaces and RV spaces. They will block out spaces for 30 days and if we need they will extend that.

They have a store and they serve full breakfast Fri, Sat, Sun.

Please bit~h early and fast. I really think we need to move on this one.

Thanks guys

Thanks for making the calls on this GB.  I'm back in the real world now so can take over or help out however needed.

Hank

Also, my apologies for not making more calls (I really mean any) when I picked the date..   Having done this weekend 6 years in a row, I just assumed it would be fine n dandy.   Well, you know what they say about assuming :)

It will work out fine, but its been a bit of a PIA.

grubbie

Whew! Been watching this, I couldn't have made it the weekend before. Thanks for all of your hard work. We should be able to make that weekend, going to try and talk my brother into coming as well. Good job guys.

greatbuffalo

Hank, send me your email address and I'll forward the email that I got from from Crooked Creek so you can post them. I got no clue how to do that. It lists what they have set aside for us for 30 days. What we don't reserve in the next 30 days will go back out for them to reserve. I think thats a great way to do it. As I said before its a bit steeper on price than we have seen in the past but it is in line with everyone else.

I do hope this works out. I'd hate to be burned by the masses while strapped to my Tiger. Hoping for a great turnout and hoping we leave the resort having had a great experience.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on February 17, 2015, 09:37:26 AM

I do hope this works out. I'd hate to be burned by the masses while strapped to my Tiger. Hoping for a great turnout and hoping we leave the resort having had a great experience.

with beer we can make anything enjoyable..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Bogus Jim

My folks used to stay at Crooked Creek when they brought the 5th wheel down, it's a nice campground.

The Mickelson trail runs right past the campground so LD and GB can go for their 7-mile morning run.

greatbuffalo

It would be 7 mile something but I'm I wouldn't call it a run.

greatbuffalo

Its a good thing the Mickelson runs right by there. That will make easy access to the backcountry. What is it, 2 bucks for a yearly pass? Cheaper than a Nat forest sticker.  :evil :evil :evil

FNF Michele

Hi guys,
We are so going to miss you this spring.  Just to clear things up a bit, we still had (have) the entire half of the campground reserved for you as always, but 3 of the cabins were booked so I guess it didn't work out for your members.  Based on what I see here on the forum, I will go ahead and release your sites for this spring.

I hope that you will all join us again either in the fall or next spring!  Stop by and say "hi" if you are riding through....

Fish N Fry Michele
Life is a journey, not a destination!

Lonesome Dave

Okay everyone, after reading Michelle's post I was confused.  I called Hank and Dan they're confused also.  Then I called Michelle, she's confused too!  Basically Michelle said she was reading the thread/s about the summer rally and realized that people were thinking she had sold out from underneath our group.  Which is not the case whatsoever.  She said she's not trying to influence us in any way at this point, but just wanted everyone to know that Fish n Fry is loyal to our group and has all of our normal sites blocked out for us like any other year.  Michelle said she thought maybe our group wanted more cabins than normal and that's why we moved the location.  I told her that as far as I knew we should need less cabins this year.

It really doesn't matter where the confusing came from, we just need to decide what to do now.  Hank is busy tonight getting ready for his Moab trip.  He said he would post a survey either late tonight or tomorrow to get people's opinion on if they want to keep the rally at Fish n Fry
or not.

For what it's worth, just today I was told by one of our members that the RV sites at Crooked Creek were 50 bucks a night and 30 bucks for tent sites.  I frankly wasn't sure what I was going to do, camp or just drive over everyday.  While I was talking with Michelle, I checked our rates.  Tents are $7 per person, and RV sites are $22.  She said most of our group with campers, stay in the 22 dollar sites.  They have water and electricity.  Some also have sewer, but run a little higher.  As far as the Jeep boys, they stay on the other side of the grounds in the big "RV" sites.

I realize we thought this decision was already made, but in light of this new information, perhaps we should reconsider.  LD

Older - Wiser - Faster !