News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

HID/Projector Project

Started by dyeok11, April 06, 2015, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyeok11

Hey all!  I seem to have bitten off more than I can chew on a project.  I was looking to upgrade my headlights on a F800gs and wanted to upgrade to HID.  Being the nice guy I am, I ordered some projector housings as not to blind oncoming traffic.  Now that I have all components in hand I am kind of lost on how to wire everything to jive with the new bulbs/ballasts, the canbus system and the led driving lights I had previously set to work at 20% on low beam and 100% on high.  Anyone in here an electrical genius?

dyeok11

Im getting a little discouraged here guys..... :-\

Hank

I don't think anyone has any advice for you... I sure don't have a clue.  Have you looked at any bmw specific forums?

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

dyeok11

I have looked on ADV Rider but there are so many threads related to "lights" and "wiring" it is hard to look through them all.  No big deal either way, I'll figure something out eventually.

Bogus Jim

Does the HID kit have a relay or is it powered direct from the factory bulb plug? If it's a relay I don't think it will work; canbus will think there's a bulb failure because of the very low current draw. If the HID is powered via the factory plug then it should work. I'm not an expert on BMW though.