News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Today is Mrs LD's Birthday!

Started by Lonesome Dave, May 16, 2015, 06:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

So today is Elisa's birthday.  She's....well the same age as I am.  I'm 59.  She's been a great life long partner and next year it will be our fortieth anniversary.  Anyway, I just wanted to publicly recognize her birthday.  So today, in celebration of her birthday, I went out with Bogus Jim and bought myself some orange kool aid!!  Yep, 2008 200 xcw.  It has a few farkles, weighted flywheel, new pipe with carbon fiber protector, radiator guards, new tires, heavy duty disc rotor guards, some new plastic, new chain & 53T sprocket, numerous other sprockets, and brush guards.  It's set up for a nice woods bike.  I need to get it re-sprung for me, and Jimbo has all those parts!  Should be ready to go soon.   :)  Oh yea, Happy Birthday dear.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

That's a beaut!   Nice find.   I just went through mine top to bottom including power valve dismantling and cleaning and a fresh top end.. so let me know if you need some info or good links.   Not that I'm an expert, but I know enough to be dangerous!

And tell Elisa happy birthday.  That was nice of you to get that for her.

Bogus Jim

That turned out to be kind of an expensive breakfast, Dave.  ;D

I think you'll enjoy it, I can't imagine a better woods bike than a two-stroke. And you got it for a KDX price.

greatbuffalo

looks like a hoot. Sweet!

Tell Elisa Happy B'day for us.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

So does this mean I'll get less guff riding a 2 smoker now?  Its nice to see a few of you guys coming around.  :)
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

greatbuffalo

Ring a ding ding ding ding...... brap brap

tannerc

Looks like LD is going to be leading the single track shenanigans at the spring rally!

Nice bike!  Is she plated ¿
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: tannerc on May 21, 2015, 07:35:11 PM
Looks like LD is going to be leading the single track shenanigans at the spring rally!

Nice bike!  Is she plated ¿
You young guys always trying to get us old guys in trouble. 
Yea, nice bike  :o thanks, but Gage's bill when he's done with it tomorrow is not going to be pretty.
Plated..........Interesting you should ask that.  Just today I took the title in for transfer.  If you didn't know, the sales tax went up.  Damn.  And yes to answer your question, the license plates price went up 20 percent.  So now I have a street legal xcw and no place to put the plate.
Now I have to buy another gas can, then I have to mix the crap too. What a pain.
But it still only weighs 200 pounds.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

What did Gage have to do to it?

greatbuffalo

Suspension I'm guessing.......................

Lonesome Dave

Suspension first, at least Jim gave me springs.  Broken/cracked throttle housing, new air filter/spare, case guard (moose), clutch master cyl. leaking, front brake squishy - front master cyl., new grips, expensive 2 smoke oil, and gas can!  I'm sure there's more.  And I still need a steering dampener. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

I want a dampener for mine too, but don't want to pony up the dough.   I might just add the mount and move the damper back and forth between bikes.. it's only 2 bolts.

Hank

Its not that uncommon for the front brakes to get squishy on that era/age of KTM either, usually after sitting over the winter or for an extended period.  Usually all you need to do is push the caliper piston all the way back in, tap the line a little and its good to go.    Some times just bungee cording the brake lever to the bar and turning the bar so the MC is at the highest point for a couple hours will do it..

tannerc

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on May 21, 2015, 09:06:52 PM
You young guys always trying to get us old guys in trouble. 
But it still only weighs 200 pounds.

Well I wouldn't think you are going to all this work on a 200lb bike to ride forest roads!    ;)

Quote from: Hank on May 22, 2015, 07:54:46 AM
I might just add the mount and move the damper back and forth between bikes.. it's only 2 bolts.

Thats what I was thinking about doing, Buying the extra mounts and swapping back and forth until a guy could score a cheap used unit or two.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Bogus Jim

You could save a lot by doing the maintenance items yourself... it's an easy bike to work on. Swapping shock/fork springs is 30 minutes once somebody shows you how to do the forks.

I think I would ride it without a damper for awhile, the steering is not as twitchy as your WRR.

As far as new hand grips, new air filter, gas can, oil,..well would be nice if PO included those items when selling but most don't.