News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

cHEap Thumper

Started by tannerc, May 30, 2015, 05:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Looks really good for that old, and I just sent my T-dub down the road today.  Hmm.....just kidding, I'm down sizing!  At least till I find a trials bike.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

grubbie

Im trying to downsize,...but...
The TTR50 went to the grandkids' house, then I sold the WRF, I was going to sell the DR250 once I got it fixed up. I got it fixed up, now I want to keep it. Been riding the wheels off of it the last couple weeks. Guess I'm kind of a dual sport junkie. That sure is a nice looking XT..............

Lonesome Dave

Decided I would post this here.  Considering it all happened on Craigslist.  After buying the 200 xcw for my wife's birthday, :) I put the mighty T-dub on CL last week.  Had a guy drive over from WY and buy it on Saturday.  I also decided it was time to sell the pair of CT90s I have.  You might remember, 1970 & 71 with about 550 miles on each.  Put them on CL in Fort Collins and Minneapolis.  Not much excitement for the first week.  Had a guy want to do some trading for "high-end" gun/s.  Then a guy from Sheridan, WY emailed.  Sold the pair, $3500 bucks.  I know what your thinking.  What?  Well their pretty popular.  In fact, another story, a guy traded off eight ct90s that he had in a collection at Harley D recently.  Of course Harley was going to wholesale them out, or use them to putt around at the rally, but there was so much interest, they sold them all for over 2k a piece.  I figured if they didn't sell, I was going to put them on a trailer and park them next to Nemo Road during the Sturgis Rally.  Figured then I would price them as butt jewelry.  But instead they're going to a nice couple who will ride them around Sheridan WY.
Short story, I had six bikes on Friday and on Sunday I'm down to three.  But, I'm ordering new parts this week for the xcw.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Wow that was a good price for your CT-90's. They were in good shape though.

Floating in cash now so I guess you'll buy at the next DDSR breakfast?   ;D

tannerc

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on May 31, 2015, 08:47:15 PM
I also decided it was time to sell the pair of CT90s I have.  You might remember, 1970 & 71 with about 550 miles on each.  Put them on CL in Fort Collins and Minneapolis.  Not much excitement for the first week.  Had a guy want to do some trading for "high-end" gun/s.  Then a guy from Sheridan, WY emailed.  Sold the pair, $3500 bucks.  I know what your thinking.  What?  Well their pretty popular.  In fact, another story, a guy traded off eight ct90s that he had in a collection at Harley D recently.

did the gun rack go with them?
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

I'm surprised at the price on the the CT's.  Good on you.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Just what I figured would happen, this guy said his first bike was a CT and all of his neighborhood buddies had them too.  He thought it would be fun to cruise around Sheridan WY with them.  I must admit, it would be fun to cruise around the Strugis Rally this year on one!
Older - Wiser - Faster !