News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June 2015 Food Thread

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 04, 2015, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Well its getting close enough we need to get the rally food settled.  The following are ideas that Mrs LD and Mrs Wacked have come up with.

The menu; A chili night probably Friday, and pulled pork sandwichs & goodies on Saturday night.  Sue and Elisa will work out the details of what they need to buy, and how much.  Meaning, between the two of them, they'll get all the basic stuff; ingredients, bowls, plates, spoons, chips, cheese all the basic stuff.   Others can bring some sort of dessert items.  When all is said and done, they are requesting that everyone maybe contribute to a jar on the food table.  Don't misunderstand, no one is charging for food.  If fact, they both feel strange about doing this, but the food cost can get expensive for 50 to 60 people.  In other words, no, its not 5 bucks or 10 bucks or anything per person.  Its just "whatever amount" helping to defer the cost of the food.  Also, if someone out there wants to bring something different or special because they have this great desire to do so, or simply watch too much "Food Network," let us know and we'll work it into the menu.

Remember, if anyone has a problem with contributing cash, both Brad and I always need farkles for our bikes!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Dave, like I said on the phone, let me know if there's anything Anne or I can do. We have the log cabin, the one we had last year, at FNF if they need to use that space for anything.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Thanks GB, I'll pass it on.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wild Irishman

Sounds like I can help out with breakfast or do you have that covered too?  Let me know.  I have a weber grill, I can fire up a mess of sausage and bacon no problem. 
- Eire

Lonesome Dave

This group is pretty lazy!  Breakfast is usually had at the small grill inside the FnF building, around 5 or 6 bucks.  Some do cook breakfast, but mostly they eat in.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

The breakfast time is the FNF office is usually where the days events are planned. Rarely are plans laid down ahead of time, just basic ideas. Its also been a part of this group to support the FNF as much as possible. This is just another way.

Bogus Jim

Pork baby back ribs, about 4 hours in the smoker.   :)

Lonesome Dave said this is the food thread...

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Bogus Jim on June 14, 2015, 12:46:33 PM
Pork baby back ribs, about 4 hours in the smoker.   :)

Lonesome Dave said this is the food thread...

Jim, you missed your calling....................... ;)
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

I don't know if I missed my calling but it sure tasted good...  ;D

Dr Psyko

Thanks all for the community food!!!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Lonesome Dave

Thanks, Doc.  That reminded me to post this for those who might wonder.

We gathered enough cash/donations to cover all the expenses.  Many of you already know, but special thanks to Elisa (Mrs LD) and Sue (Mrs Wacked) for their work in all of this.  I sure I'll be trouble with Mrs LD, for not mentioning others, but thanks to all.  The plan seemed to work pretty good.

The basic numbers.  I believe Sue and Elisa spent about $275 bucks on food and supplies.  Cara brought supplies from other rallies.  They brought in around $350.  Not sure if those number are completely correct, but I know there was about $75 dollars extra.  Sue & Elisa plan on buying a good sealed storage tub of some sort to store supplies from one rally to the next.  The rest will go into the kitty for next rally.
LD

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Love it when a plan comes together.

I also want to add; Thank you all for making my Mom and Dad feel so welcome. They so needed time away and this was the perfect weekend for them. they were quite surprised that I could have such a great bunch of friends. ;D ;D