News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Planning

Started by Hank, June 29, 2015, 10:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I've got some pics of our sweet trail side repairs.

Robmicgrn

First stop (after breakfast of course) Bear Mountain Lookout.

The crash site

Looking for cordless drills, drill bits, a bench vise, spare bolts and an easy out. Unbelievable! Nobody had this stuff. We were totally unprepared for this adventure. Regardless, Joel made it out and home safely  ???.

There is a trail out here somewhere............

Left or right, that is the question  :-\

It was a good day!

"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Fletch

sorry I missed you guys. I didn't get out of town until 1:00, but did manage a 90 mile loop. Hoped I might run into you, but saw nothing but atv's (none of them had seen any bikes either). hopefully next time. I did discover 296? is a nice smooth (aka fast) road :)

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

poleburner

With the mechanical wire (thank you Stan) and the vise grips (thank you Eric), it might be a redneck fix, but it worked to get home.  But it isn't anything that can't be fixed! Till next time!  :D

poleburner

I almost forgot, thank you Hank for the emergency treigh on my bike trying to put it back together. All we needed was a welder! Have to pack one next trip! :D

Hank

Quote from: poleburner on August 19, 2015, 11:28:42 PM
I almost forgot, thank you Hank for the emergency treigh on my bike trying to put it back together. All we needed was a welder! Have to pack one next trip! :D

I'm sorta surprised Jim didn't have one.

greatbuffalo

Fletch, I think we passed you, Joel and I, just outside of Hill City on our way back to Lead after the crash. It was an 1190 at any rate.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Your welcome Joel for the wire I already re stocked my tool bag and added a small hammer and a vice grip.

mitchn06

so i know the rally is coming up in a couple weeks, anybody have any interest in doing the SDTAT that same weekend?
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

greatbuffalo

Mitch, are yyou talking on the way out to the rally or concurrent with the rally?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

mitchn06

concurrent, i'm still debating on what i want to do. i'm only going to get friday sat and sunday off due to conflicting schedules with wife(nightshift) and daycare. so that means i can't leave thursday like i wanted to unless i can find somewhere for my daughter to stay thursday night while my wife is at work. Anyhow that being said i am trying to maximize my riding fun (not interstate for 5 hrs each way) for my 3 days that i will have off. like i said, still not sure what i'm going to do yet.

tannerc

Quote from: mitchn06 on September 04, 2015, 09:46:25 AM
concurrent, i'm still debating on what i want to do. i'm only going to get friday sat and sunday off due to conflicting schedules with wife(nightshift) and daycare. so that means i can't leave thursday like i wanted to unless i can find somewhere for my daughter to stay thursday night while my wife is at work. Anyhow that being said i am trying to maximize my riding fun (not interstate for 5 hrs each way) for my 3 days that i will have off. like i said, still not sure what i'm going to do yet.

mitchn06
I believe I will be running the TSDAT the following week after, if you are interested PM or TXT me.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

mitchn06

looks like ill be making it anyhow, my loving wife switched her schedule around for me!! :)

Lonesome Dave

Be sure and tell her all of your riding buddies think she's the greatest wife, EVER!   :)
Older - Wiser - Faster !

sleddog

Hi Guys!

For those considering riding the TSDAT I've got a new alternate between Kennebec & Midland....it's really nice!
I've got the current version posted on ADV Rider.

Here is the link to them http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/tsdat-gpx.1077540/

Y'all have fun at the Rally...Hope to see ya next year.