News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Planning

Started by Hank, June 29, 2015, 10:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

I'm hoping to get out of town Friday afternoon and probably stay in Lead with Joel Friday night and ride out to the High country Ranch Sat morning.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

Here's a 90-mile Deerfield loop, not much gravel. I think we rode part of this at one of the rallies a few years ago.

There's a lot of doubletrack in the Jasper burn area that I don't think we've ever ridden at the rallies, might be worth exploring that area for ideas.

Fletch

I would love to ride with you guys, but my weekend is pretty booked. let me know where you are headed and I may try to catch up Saturday afternoon?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Fletch on August 13, 2015, 02:12:50 PM
I would love to ride with you guys, but my weekend is pretty booked. let me know where you are headed and I may try to catch up Saturday afternoon?

Maybe we'll have a late lunch at Mt. Meadows? Lonesome Dave is making the plan... if he doesn't get sidetracked buying more bikes on craigslist.

Lonesome Dave

The plan.............how about this.............Jim and I are going to meet at the Slate Creek cafe at 0800 hours for breakfast and leave from there.  Hank, will that work for you?  We'll probably head up towards Bear Mountain and then into Jasper area towards Hell Canyon.  Or, not!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

I just saw how HOT its going to be on Saturday, 95 degrees.  Custer weather says 89 degrees.  Anybody rather go on Sunday????  I'm in either way.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Robmicgrn

I can make it Saturday or Sunday I think. I just need to spoon on some new shoes tonight!
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

Just got an pm from GB, he's planning on tomorrow and I'm not sure if he can go Sunday or not.  And, he's sleeping now.  Also, not sure if Woody can go on Sunday either.  Probably best to just leave it alone and plan on Saturday.  I just confirmed with Hank, meeting at the Slate Creek Cafe in Hill City at 0800 hours.  The cafe is located at the corner where you enter town, Main st and Deerfield road.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

woodsrider 53 RCSD

I will be at the restaurant at 8 Possibly + 1 more rider.

Bogus Jim

Well it was a good scouting ride. Dave, Stan, Rob, Dan, Joel, Eric, Jason, and myself in attendance.

Lonesome Dave will have a full report shortly I'm sure, with all the new exciting trails we found and rode. He only showed us one new cave but promised to find 5 more new caves before the rally. Don't know how the guy does it.

We can add two more to the list of DDSR big bikes that made it up Bear Mountain. Dan on his new S10 and Joel on his Triumph Scrambler.

Once we got to the power line trail, Rob's throttle on his 690 stuck in the full open position. At least, that's the only reason I can think of why he would be riding so fast. Poor guy must've been scared sh*tless. But to his credit he did not hit the kill switch until we got to some shady trees.  ;)

Was good to see you guys again.

greatbuffalo

Got the Scrambler back to Lead without issue.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

poleburner

I want to thank everyone for the help fixing my bike. I had a blast up until that darn rut! See ya in a month!

Hank

Quote from: Bogus Jim on August 15, 2015, 08:54:17 PM

Once we got to the power line trail, Rob's throttle on his 690 stuck in the full open position. At least, that's the only reason I can think of why he would be riding so fast. Poor guy must've been scared sh*tless. But to his credit he did not hit the kill switch until we got to some shady trees.  ;)

Was good to see you guys again.

Now that is really funny :)

I had a blast.  Thanks for coming out all.  Glad the vicegrips stayed in place all the way to Lead Joel!  Hope you're not too sore.

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Bogus Jim on August 15, 2015, 08:54:17 PM

I knew you were behind me and I didn't want to slow you down and make you mad, so I closed my eyes and twisted the throttle...............    :P

It was a fun day. Went to some new places, and saw some new trails. A very successful scouting trip  ;) The watch word for the day was "shade" !!!

Ill try to post some pics in the next day or so to supplement Lonesome Dave's RR and scouting report that I am sure will soon be coming   ::)
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Lonesome Dave

Well here's my long awaited ride report.
We went, we rode, we crashed, we broke things, we sweated, and WE Conquered.  :o
And, we will return.

See Robmicgrn's photos for more details.
Older - Wiser - Faster !