News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Got the smoker into the woods

Started by Hank, July 07, 2015, 07:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Finally got to get some proper single track riding in on the KTM 200.   Lance (bikerforever) and I spent about 3-4 hours ripping around Paul Bunyan state forest on 7/6.

We had a blast but the ride got cut a little short as my front tire went down.   Lance says its a problem with KTMs.
The trails were perfect, tacky but not muddy, and no dust as they had just got some rain.    Its really thick and green up there now.   If you stop for more than 5 seconds the mosquitoes will do their best to kill you.

The 200 worked great.  Its an easy bike to ride in that stuff and I really like it.

Here's a short video clip:

[vimeo][/vimeo]

Fletch

Looks fun. I run Michellin UHD tubes (4mm). flats are a thing of the past as long as you keep the pressure up around 12-13psi.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Yeah I've had good luck with the heavy tubes too.   I haven't pulled the tube yet to see what's up.

It was a fun ride.  That's a great area, tons of single track.   

grubbie

I bet that was fun on the 200. I rode the WRR through there and had a blast but it probably felt like the blue ox compared to that 200. Affirmative on the skeeters,.......ticks were bad too, they were crawling all over me and my bike when I came out. Great video!

bikergirl4ever

Where is all the video of Lance and his motorcycle taking naps?
Live, Laugh, Love

Hank

I caught the wr450 napping on camera a couple times ;)

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Hank

Fletch on your advice I bought a Michelin tube.  Wow.. that is REALLY heavy duty.   Seems like its 50% thicker than the IRCs and other stuff I'm using.
Its like stuffing a tire inside your tire.

Fletch

Quote from: Hank on July 14, 2015, 10:51:57 AM
Fletch on your advice I bought a Michelin tube.  Wow.. that is REALLY heavy duty.   Seems like its 50% thicker than the IRCs and other stuff I'm using.
Its like stuffing a tire inside your tire.

lol.. kind of a PIA but they do work really well.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

I learn at least one or two new four letter words when trying to stuff those things in but (Knock On Wood) I haven't had a flat.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?