News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Exploring the Hills July 25 - 31

Started by dirtballer, July 20, 2015, 09:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtballer

My brother just picked up an old rm 250, so I am happy to say I won't be exploring by myself this trip out!
Missed getting out to the Hills in 2014, so hope to put in extra hours on my KTM 250 xcw this time around. Got a GPS loaded with maps from the Forest Service (hopefully won't get lost and run out of gas like I did in 2013 :P).

Definitely open to riding with some locals if you would like to get together. Won't be able to ride everyday, since the family is having a small reunion of sorts at Angostura and outings throughout the week, but I plan to get in about 15-20 hours seat time. Trying to put together some GPS routes that fall into our roughly 60 mile gas range from the truck and back. Will be staying the first 3 nights at Whispering Pines campground By Lake Pactola, so plan to ride straight out from there a few days. Then staying in the southern hills the second part of the week. If you guys have any suggestions or want to share any GPS points of interest, or routes please post or message them to me. So far, I just have a few caves, mines, etc gathered from http://blackhillsdestinations.com/?page_id=239   

Thanks, Mark