News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2014 Super Tenere

Started by greatbuffalo, July 28, 2015, 04:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Jim, I misread your post. You asked about highway pegs, not regular foot pegs.

I had a pair on my Tiger so I used those. they are here:  http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kuryakyn-right-angle-cruise-mounts-with-iso-footpegs
Mine don't have the right angle thing and I modded mine a bit due to the Rumbux bars being assymetrical. I added a bit of heavy gauge aluminum to lengthen one by 1 inch and the other buy 2 inches. they aren't really offroad style but they existed in my garage and they work. I bought them a few years back new from a guy on ADV for less than 1/2 price.

I do like the ADVdesigns ones but ya, freaking expensive.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

MoreIsLess

How do you like the K60 and TKC80 combo? That's what I'm going with I think.
2008 Buell XB12X

greatbuffalo

I really like the Tire Choice I made. I like the K60 because of the longevity. I have had them on other bikes and have gotten 12, 000 + miles out of them. They are good offroad, there are better but you give up that long life. I like the TKC80 on the front because of the grip it gives and is good on road. I have never needed for bettervgrip on road. I am not knee dragger, mind you, so its not all that important to me.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

MoreIsLess

Quote from: greatbuffalo on April 11, 2016, 03:16:59 PM
I really like the Tire Choice I made. I like the K60 because of the longevity. I have had them on other bikes and have gotten 12, 000 + miles out of them. They are good offroad, there are better but you give up that long life. I like the TKC80 on the front because of the grip it gives and is good on road. I have never needed for bettervgrip on road. I am not knee dragger, mind you, so its not all that important to me.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for replying. That's what Ill have on my bike when we come out for the rally!
2008 Buell XB12X

greatbuffalo

So, when getting ready to leave Fish N Fry one of a guy came over and pointed out a screw in my rear tire. I yanked it, plugged it and aired it back up. I was not rear comfortable with the plug but my kid decided to ride and keep an eye on it. It went low and couple of times and just outside of Mitchell the belts separated. He was able to limp it home and tire still was holding air when I got to it yesterday.

My big decision was what to put on next. I looked at several tires, the Tractionator, the Heideneau, the Anakee Wild, and a few others. I have never run the TKC80 before so I decided to give it a try. I like the look on the bike and it seems to handle pretty well. I just hope the tire last better than some reviews I've read. The problem with plugging the Heideneau leaves me a bit miffed. The one on the back of my Tiger has over 9000 miles and 3 plugs in it with no issues. The screw was in the center solid strip. Had it been off to the side I would understand a bit more but oh well, I had 5000 miles on so I can't be too upset.

Will write a bit more on it when I get a few miles on them.