News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Looking to buy a 50cc kids bike

Started by Black Hills Back Country, August 29, 2015, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Hills Back Country

I'm looking to buy a 50cc kid's bike.  If anyone has one collecting dust, let me know.

Thanks,

Pat

greatbuffalo

I've not heard anything negative about any of the small bikes. The hondas are hard to beat as well. Lets face it, its not like they take a huge amount of abuse, yes they go down a lot but at 5-10 mph, how bad can it get?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Black Hills Back Country

Dr Psyko

I've got an XR70 that finally wouldn't get up. I suspect something simple, but sitting in the garage for 12 years now. Price is right if you want a project...
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Fletch

The thing I like about the PW is how tunable it is. you can adjust it so you can catch them when they start and gradually add more power/speed as they gain experience. also the start/run feature makes sure they don't have any accidental launches when they start it. other than those features I would assume they are all the same..
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

grubbie

Bought the grandkids a TTR50, went with that model because it has 3 speeds, teaches them to shift.

Black Hills Back Country

Picked up a pw50 for my oldest son the other day and can already tell it's way to small for him so it's getting passed down to little brother. Does anyone have a bigger 50 sitting around that they would like to part with?  Thanks.

Fletch

physically too small, or too small power wise?
if it needs more power they are adjustable.

Black Hills Back Country

It has pretty good power but he has to sit on the very back of the seat in order to keep his toes from hitting the ground when he turns. His MX boots don't flex enough for him to keep them level on the pegs. Not sure if that makes sense.

Fletch

tannerc

Because they are not around when you want one.. I ran on to a deal on a 2006 crf50 so I picked it up.

It has seen some use but is still in pretty decent condition.

It has enough Honda power to pull my big azz around pretty well.

Corbin wont be ready for another few years, but when he is we will be all setup.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."