News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

What do ya think

Started by Lonesome Dave, September 24, 2015, 10:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/mcd/5195084631.html

Well what do ya think. I called him tonight.  The WRr might be headed down the road.  If anyone's interested in my WR let me know.  If I had a easy sale on the WR or good trade I might do it.  For those of you who were at the rally, I rode Harry Potter's Beta 450rr for about 1/2 hour.  I loved it.  Checking to see if anybody knows anything about this bike.  I haven't had a chance yet, but I wonder about aftermarket stuff like a larger Gas tank. Honestly, I don't know how serious I am, but the price seems pretty good.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ryani

Looks like a great bike!  I know whoever came back on the beta was raving about it.

My friend cadet from sufu has been looking ever since he got back from the rally. 

Might have a whole beta fleet come spring time!
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Hank

I don't know anything about the betas really, other than Tim's was sweet, but I think that 400cc is the sweet spot displacement wise.

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

cadet1

I have been watching for awhile now. Just waiting for them to get down to a normal price. That price is very good compared to most. Hank is probably correct with the 400 displacement being about right.  Beta motors are very smooth through out the power curve. Makes them very user friendly. If you go on beta USA it has all accessories including IMS tank which is  3.2gallon I think. ($289)  Good look with your process.

Lonesome Dave

Smooth delivery is what I want and low end/rpm torque.  Kinda like what NDave once said about his KLR; "It doesn't have a wrong gear."
Were sending pics back and forth, so we'll see what happens.

Welcome to the forum cadet1 and thanks for the info. Go over to the new members thread and tell us about yourself.  We're all noisy!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

Here is a typical discussion/pissing match comparing the KTM and Beta, although they are comparing the 350 KTM

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1049567-talk-me-into-a-beta-400rr/

Sounds like a fantastic bike to me.   

If KTM still made a 400, I'd be interested in an upgrade.   I just don't like what I've heard about the 350's power delivery, and I don't want a 500, so I've been thinking the 400 will be with me a long time.    I didn't even realize Beta still made a 400 (or did anyway).   It might be what I need to look at in a few years.

tannerc

Buy it! You will not regret it.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: tannerc on September 25, 2015, 04:34:51 PM
Buy it! You will not regret it.

I was waiting for you to chime in....I already knew what you'd say!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

So Dave, what will you be asking for your WRR?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

I'm waiting to hear what the trade dollars are.  I won't forget about you. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Harry Potter

The 400rr is now called the 390. A 2013 would be 2 years newer than my bike. Dave Turner of Get Dirty Off Road Bikes is probably the biggest Beta Dealer in the US and he says the 390 is his favorite bike. Check the Beta forums on Thumper Talk a lot of info there. My two most important add ons where the larger tank and a cooling fan. Go to Get Dirty's site and you'll see all the available farkles.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Harry Potter

Dave, What do you mean  That " we are all noisy"? Are you saying we all have gas?
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Harry Potter

Also 2013 and newer have more farkles available than 2011 and older.

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Harry Potter on September 27, 2015, 02:22:27 AM
Dave, What do you mean  That " we are all noisy"? Are you saying we all have gas?

Ha, spell check doesn't catch dumb!  It was suppose to be nosy, not noisy! 

Hey Tim, give me a shout if you want some company riding trials around your little track.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

sandhillrider

You better take a day off and go get it.
You can be riding it by tomorrow afternoon!!!!