News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

What do ya think

Started by Lonesome Dave, September 24, 2015, 10:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I got to get some numbers first....I will admit, was thinking about taking this Friday off.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Harry Potter

i am up for working on trials together. If your back in the hills on Sunday and the weather is ok we could test your new bike and do some Sherco-Gas Gas practice.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Harry Potter on September 28, 2015, 12:00:30 AM
i am up for working on trials together. If your back in the hills on Sunday and the weather is ok we could test your new bike and do some Sherco-Gas Gas practice.

I've been pretty busy with home projects.  Let me know when you may be coming out and we'll see......
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Well I went to go look at the it.  I liked it, but it's so hard to tell until get it onto a trail.  Went plenty fast for me and seemed to lug around real well.  I think because this is a small dealership, the manager probably put dealer plates on it and road it for about 1 1/2 seasons.  It's got all new plastics and graphics.  Sure it looks nice, but I wonder what it looked like before.  It's got scratches on the swing arm, and exhaust.  Rotors seem okay.  Skid plate has marks, but certainly less than my bike. 

Here's the biggest issue.  I felt the forks and one of them seemed damp under the edge.  Keep in mind its not out on the dusty trail where dust would gather and you see it.  I looked closer and found a very small scratch on the tube.  You can hardly see it or feel it.  Now this is right below where I found the dampness.  One would assume that the scratch was causing it.  The question;  Can this small mark be smoothed out?  Emery cloth or other.  Does anyone have any experience with this problem? 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on October 06, 2015, 02:11:31 PM
Well I went to go look at the it.  I liked it, but it's so hard to tell until get it onto a trail.  Went plenty fast for me and seemed to lug around real well.  I think because this is a small dealership, the manager probably put dealer plates on it and road it for about 1 1/2 seasons.  It's got all new plastics and graphics.  Sure it looks nice, but I wonder what it looked like before.  It's got scratches on the swing arm, and exhaust.  Rotors seem okay.  Skid plate has marks, but certainly less than my bike. 

Here's the biggest issue.  I felt the forks and one of them seemed damp under the edge.  Keep in mind its not out on the dusty trail where dust would gather and you see it.  I looked closer and found a very small scratch on the tube.  You can hardly see it or feel it.  Now this is right below where I found the dampness.  One would assume that the scratch was causing it.  The question;  Can this small mark be smoothed out?  Emery cloth or other.  Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

my experience is that no matter how well you work out the scratch it will always weep.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Yup that's a good deal on a great (yes, I'm biased) bike.   I've seen a few cheaper, but not with a huge pile of spares like that has.

The parts to solve the oil transfer issue cost about $70 and take maybe 2 hours to install.

Lonesome Dave

Yes, interesting!  I sent him a pm.
Older - Wiser - Faster !