News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

It LIIVVESSS!

Started by Hank, January 03, 2009, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revin kevin

Yes the seat fills the gap i think there is also a rubber flap around the exhaust

Crazy Uncle Larry

Come on Hank, you know you want to ride it out to the Hills. Seriously, great work Hank! Nothing like breathing new life into old iron. I have to keep telling myself just to take it easy and only put in it what my 81 XT500 needs to stay running right. My #2 Son/Aaron and I have talked about keeping the 81 XT as my "Hills" bike and buying the XR650R outright for ADV/DS riding long distance. We'll see.
Take it easy for now.
"Let's take a look around the next bend before we turn back."-old Family motto

"Wonder where that road goes?"-2nd old Family motto

revin kevin

Hank, Finally got around to going out to the shed and looking a a parts bike, it's a 77, sorry no cable or levers, no rear wheel anymore either. it does still have a rear fender w/ tail light - no lense, the turn signals are gone but the brackets to mount are still there - bolt on seperate from the fender not through the fender, I'll keep looking  for other boxes of stuff. If you want the rear fender and tail light letme know and I'll take it off and get it to you.
Sorry it took so long
Revin

Hank

Kevin, thanks for getting back to me.     What I really need are the two special screws that go through the grommets to attach the tail light to the finder (and washers/nuts) and also all the fasteners that mount the rear fender - the bigger ones that also go through the blinder brackets and exhaust mount.
Thanks.

Dr Psyko

I hope you never sell it, but, if that dark day presents I'll make the trip in a heartbeat. I've always wanted an SRX500. I rode a friends for awhile back in the day and it has always stuck with me. Love the aluminum tank on the XT!

Psyko Dr.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

Yeah.. it's sold.  I ended up parting it out to get my $ back.   Most of it went international.   Of the top of my head I shipped parts to:

Mexico, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, France, Greece, Australia, Singapore, and a few pieces stayed in the US.

The engine and frame went to Singapore.

loingrader

wow, that is impressive.  i never would have guessed...
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

It was pretty crazy.   I think I sent three things to Australia, and two or three to Great Britain.

It was a good deal though.. the parts that went for crazy money all went over seas (such as $310 for the exhaust, plus $95 for shipping to Germany).   Some of the really nice stuff, like the wheels and tires, that were too expensive to ship internationally went for nothing..  I sold the entire front end.. forks and triple tree.. for $25???

Revin Kevin - if you see this; if you have a nice exhaust you don't need... it'd be worth listing on ebay!!