News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Ideas for March ride?

Started by Hank, October 02, 2015, 08:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I'd like to get another March ride organized for 2016.  Thinking about Moab again, really can't go wrong there, but some place new sounds fun too.

Anyone got any ideas for areas that would be worth a lengthy drive and good for 4 or 5 days of solid riding?   Ozarks maybe, but I'm not sure of how many miles of trails and single track are available.  I do have contacts there so I'll be asking.

ryani

I'm down!  I've had some fun times in the grand junction/Montrose Colorado area. That time of year the weather is very nice.

Never rode south and east of here but sounds fun!
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

greatbuffalo

I'm going to the MotoGP races in Austin in April so I'm out for March. Would love to hear some ideas for a trip following the spring rally.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on October 02, 2015, 10:14:21 PM
I'm putting going to the MotoGP races in Austin in April so I'm out for March. Would love to hear some ideas for a trip following the spring rally.

Me too. 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Dr Psyko

It increasingly looks like I won't be able to make the spring rally. We have a new electronic medical record being installed and our traditional June 20 something weekend is smack in the middle of the training and "go live" weeks. How technical of a ride is Moab? Would I be upside down with my DRZ? Somewhere along the the line, you've turned into a decent rider Hank!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Hank

Moab ranges from super easy to stuff that Fletch might not be able to do.     Our group last year rode a lot of stuff that is considered fairly high difficulty, and it presented a few challenges, but nothing we couldn't get through or around.    There are some extreme trails that I would likely never attempt, though.   400 ft cliffs next to treacherous rock climbs fall outside my definition of "fun".

I think you could fill a week with easy and moderate rides if that's what you were looking for.

I'm going to start a new thread very shortly.. new dates of 4.23-4.29 have been selected.  I'm hoping to have 1 condo booked  shortly, and from there we'll just have to see who all wants to go, and likely get any additional lodging booked pretty soon.

So far there are 5 on the IN list and a several that are considering it.

Wacked

DRZ is just fine.  Don't go out there with higher gearing.  Gear it down and you'll be just fine...

flexlarson

As of now hills has good riding
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..