News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Thinking about a COBDR ride

Started by greatbuffalo, October 24, 2015, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

As I said, I`m up for any plan. I just posted this proposal for discussion. Sounds like a ride through is in order and any time left over can be spent doing other rides for those left. I`ve got no problems with spending a few days riding by myself. I just have to weigh risk a bit different.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

Just got The Complete Guide to Motorcycling Colorado in the mail. Got lots of great rides both asphalt and of the dualsport variety.

Bogus Jim

I have that book too, I think it's pretty good. Biased towards the pavement, but has quite a few dual sport roads/trails too.

Harry Potter

greatbuffalo- I would love to do this ride if I could get the time off. It's probably the worst time of the year to leave work with Sept and October being the best. But if I am still alive I could mark it off now for 2017. So if in 2017 you want to do this or one of the other states the sooner you let me know the better. Harry James Potter, If I could only fly like Harry.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

greatbuffalo

Was thinking if the 2017 Tour de India does not come to fruition a good contingent would be the New Mexico, Arizona and Utah BDR all or part, would be cool.

greatbuffalo

Was not able to make it out there this weekend, my wife just had knee replacement surgery, so I couldn't bail on her.

Will find another time to get together for a planning meeting in the next couple of months.

Bogus Jim

There is a chance I will be taking a different job. If so then I will probably have to drop out of the COBDR due to lack of vacation time. Maybe I can negotiate, we'll see.

I should know by 3rd week of April.

greatbuffalo

I can also find alternative plans as well. Keep me posted.

Anyone else other than Fletch given this trip a thought?

Fletch

we can discuss it further on our upcoming bus ride.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Fletch

Quote from: greatbuffalo on March 18, 2016, 09:20:18 AM
We'll have plenty of time.

yea, probably have all the worlds problems solved by the time we get home.

Fletch

What have you decided on Dan? I have the week of 11-15 off so may be able to join you for a few days?

greatbuffalo

My plan. Leave mitchell on the 8th and ride to meet who ever is riding with me where ever that may be. The ones that have expressed interest are you, Jim, and Mark. I will ride out to meet you or if mark is going to go, that depends on ranching suff, I can ride down to meet him in NE and you and/or Jim or whoever can meet us on the way. I do have a contingency plan in the event that no one else was/is able to join me.

Figured we could take saturday and sunday to get to the 4 corners and start the ride on monday and hopefully finnish on friday, thatbis unless we get sidetracked or something unplanned was to occur.

As always, im open for any changes or adjustmants a day or two either way.

Bogus Jim

I'm still a maybe. Bike is ready, just need to throw on some knobbies.

I'll let you know as soon as I find out the vacation situation... should find out this week or next, but the job change thing has dragged on way longer than I expected.

greatbuffalo

No prob Jim. Just keep me posted.