News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

What do ya think?

Started by Lonesome Dave, October 26, 2015, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Rode with Woody this weekend.  Last Thursday, he texted me with pictures of new Beta bikes at Roscos.  I told him to stop it and go back to work!  Saturday he tells me that Rosco just got in a 2015 WR250F with 1000 miles and a few extras.  So I took my WR there tonight for him to look at/trade and rode it.  I've ridden them before and always like them.  This one has a pipe, different mapping, larger tank, and other stuff.  It runs really good and is a little jumpy at the bottom.  Probably takes a little getting use to.

So, Rosco is getting a new 390rr at the end of November, but the price starts with a "9."  Whether I can afford it or not, not sure I could make myself spend that much.  So I've been considering the 2015/16 WR250f.  I'm pretty happy with it and its a lot cheaper.  What do ya think!

GB you want to deal......      Mark, I haven't forgotten you.       
Older - Wiser - Faster !

grubbie

Rode the WRF twice, still salivating over it. I would have one if I could license it Wyomingstan. Have always said I'd never trade off the WRR, but for that one I would. I had one of the older WRF's as well, it was a great bike but the new one is a lot better machine.

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Wish I could beat you to it but not for me right now still trying to teach my wr250r not to swim seem like every time I go through water this year it wants to take a nap in the water.

greatbuffalo

That 250F is a great machine. I think they still have the double mapping option where you can snip a grey(?) wire and it gives you the YZ mapping. This would explain the jumpiness on the bottom end if it has a different than stock map. Though I could be wrong about that. My WRF had that and I snipped the wire and got the same thing, made it even more difficult to live with so I soldered it back together. There are guys out there that put switches in so they can go back and forth.

As far as making a deal Dave, I am seriously considering Cadet's KLX. Was down at his place last night and took it for a quick ride. Could be very easy to live with. What do you have in mind? Call me sometime today.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sandhillrider

LD
Have just been waiting while you bounce form one to the other I have all winter.
Beta or Yamaha or something else.
Starting to think we should all have a Beta, but I
Would have to convert 4 bikes to one and still boot cash.....