News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Saturday ride

Started by Fletch, October 28, 2015, 09:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

My buddy Jim (crabby Jim as my girls refer to him) from Mitchell was out last weekend to get one last ride in this year. We let it warm up a bit then headed to Piedmont around 10:30 and took off. He wanted to "do something different than our usual stuff", so we looked at the map at made a plan.
  First we hit Ice Canyon, the ride with Bogus Jim the weekend before reminded me of how fun this is. After that we headed to Nemo and caught 8550. We then headed north and rode 8575. I've never ridden this trail and have to admit I was missing out. Probably the smoothest, most flowing single track in the hills. I will definitely ride it more next year! After that we headed south and ended up at silver city rd. via 6242 and 6238, and several roads (we were lost most of the time). We hopped 385 and rode most of the 63xx trails to Johnson siding and then back to the sugar shack. Then we took 8551 and 8550 on the way back to Nemo and the fire trail back to Piedmont, arriving just as the sun was setting. all in all a great day, sorry I didn't take any pictures other than this one:

it was a great day, 90+ miles total.  We went home and cleaned up then hit Minerva's for supper and a couple beers. I was in bed by 9:00 and slept like a baby...

Looks like this weekend will be nice too, if anyone is interested in riding Sunday let me know, I would love to go.

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike