News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Here it is....my new to me WR250f

Started by Lonesome Dave, October 29, 2015, 08:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Well I did it.  I going to trade my old WRR unless someone speaks up in the next three days.
Anyway here it is.  Its has the IMS 3.1 tank, GYTR FMF pipe & mapping module, and a few other goodies.  I got all the original parts too.
Hope I like it.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

ryani

Hey congrats on the new machine!  That is a crazy tank! The guy that designed that looks like might have been on some mind enhancing drugs! Haha
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Bogus Jim

Hey Dave... I just noticed a big problem with this bike. The exhaust pipe is coming out of the wrong side of the motor.

jacin theis

Oh that's nice!  You guys all make me feel a bit lustful.  The problem is even if I tried a new bike, there are too many to choose from. Maybe we need to starts a bike swap club. Every one brings a bike and some one else gets to ride her.... I mean it.

I guess I am not coming up with anything new.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Very nice wish I could have pulled the trigger on it and that seat sure looks nice Dave.                                                             

sandhillrider

Looks great Dave. Hope it starts good, you will be waiting a lot for me to catch up!!
Wish we could license those in Nebraska.

greatbuffalo

Good grief Jacin, there was so much bike swapping at the last rally I felt like I dropped into some parallel universe swingers party. Through the keys in a bowl and ride the one you pick.  :o

That is a great looking machine Dave, tear that darn seat off and get it to Whacked. Right away!

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Quote from: Bogus Jim on October 29, 2015, 09:13:59 PM
Hey Dave... I just noticed a big problem with this bike. The exhaust pipe is coming out of the wrong side of the motor.

It must be one of those Friday afternoon or Monday morning builds since they put the head on backwards.  :)

Very cool Dave!  I'm sure it will be fun once you get its head straightened out.   Hey maybe Dr. Psycho could help?!?!

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

grubbie

Sooooo happy for you........ticks me off. Can't license one in Wyomingstan. Hope you enjoy my bike.

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Hank on October 30, 2015, 05:20:15 AM
Quote from: Bogus Jim on October 29, 2015, 09:13:59 PM

It must be one of those Friday afternoon or Monday morning builds since they put the head on backwards.  :)

Funny, I asked the same thing when I saw the serial number "000184"   Were they still learning how to put it together?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: grubbie on October 30, 2015, 10:34:05 PM
Sooooo happy for you........ticks me off. Can't license one in Wyomingstan. Hope you enjoy my bike.

I'm going to figure out away to license one of these in WY.  Maybe not in NE (Mark) but certainly should be able to in WY.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

I'm pretty sure SD will let you title/ license a vehicle with nothing more than a PO box for an address.

Couldn't you do that.. just run a SD plate? 

Maybe the laws have changed.

http://archive.argusleader.com/article/20120108/NEWS/301080031/License-plates-pay-off-S-D-all-way-from-Mexico

grubbie

Yeah I could, as long as I never got pulled over or have someone run the plates. Some of the people I work with commute from SD and have been told they need to get a Wyo plate to work here. They have gone as far as to sit at the security gate and check plates on the way in. I could probably get away with it, but I went a different route and bought the 650 for the more extended dual sport trips. Doesn't make any sense, you can license a quad or a side by side with no problem at all. For now, I will just have to live vicariously through LD.....

Hank

Seems like an OK solution if you just wanted a "barely legal" bike for a trip to Moab, or running around the hills, but had no intention of really riding it on the road much.    Basically like my 400.. It has a plate but its short a horn, working brake light, and a few other things that might be frowned upon :)