News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Computer / Digital Gauge

Started by Lonesome Dave, November 10, 2015, 07:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I need some ideas or opinions.  (GB loves these kind of threads and Hank goes all techno)  :P  The new WR does not give me much information from the computer thingy on the dash.  Basically I don't have a permanent odometer, it does have a speedo and trip meter, but I can't see it anyway with raised handle bars and steering damper in the way.  I already have my old HDB top mount and brush guards installed and I see HDB makes a protective mount for the Trail Tech models. Anybody ever seen one? 

The question remains which one or what brand.  I like the idea of an rpm visual display, but who really cares.  If its not floating the valves its really not important.  And I might add, I only floated the valves when I was racing someone with the old WR.  I sure won't be looking at the rpm meter then anyway!

For me, I would like the rpm thing, but more important is permanent odo, trip meters, a service trip meter, engine temp, oil pressure, stuff like that.  Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?  If so.............I'll buy the beer!!  OR even better yet, anyone want to sell their used old one? 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

I have a vapor computer I don't need.   It's got some of the features you want but not all.

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Bogus Jim

Trail Tech sells an hour meter for $35, if you just want maintenance intervals for oil changes, etc. If you want a non-resettable odometer then the Vapor is a popular choice.

greatbuffalo

I think this unit is the bomb. A friend has one on his hare scramble quad and loves it. If I was going to keep my WRF, this is what was going on it.

http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/voyager-moto-gps/912-300
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

I would get a Trail Tech Vapor and a separate ebay hour meter.
I wouldn't poke a voyager with a really long stick.
I have had a couple trail tech computers fail, they are finicky when they get wet.
The nice thing about the vapor is when you start off with the full kit (heat sensor and speed senor and stuff) when the computer takes a shit you can just buy another computer and not the whole kit and it saves a little money on replacing it.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ZIGGY

My friend has the voyager and a protective case(not the HDB one). Seems like a nice unit although he did get it wet (pressure washer, doh!) shorted out the battery and corroded it. We cleaned it up, put a new battery (not cheap) and luckily it worked. I don't think he uses the gps but I did load the Black hills maps onto it just fine.

greatbuffalo

Good to hear the feedback on the voyager, guess it won't make it on one my bikes after all. Very disturbing that they aren't well protected.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?