News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Mid November flat land ride

Started by ryani, November 15, 2015, 05:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryani

Got in one last ride today.  Got on the road by 10:30 and it was still a bit chilly.  No planned route just a destination... Hometown of Platte.

Made it in time to have ma buy me dinner. Perfect timing!

Got a round of golf in with the old. We won't talk about the score

Had to head out early to beat the darkness.

Snapped a few photos of the old bike. I believe she's sorted out. Another 140 miles today
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

sleddog

It was a fine weekend for a ride. Great when we're able to have such good weather mid November.
Looking for & locating places like this helps with the monotony we have with riding the flatlands!

greatbuffalo

Dog, Where is that? I've heard about it but never really knew where it was. I had a patient one day that said it landed on her farm but never got the time to pick her brain anymore about it. I think she was in White Lake and that is reported as being the area of the landing.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sleddog

GB,

Searching Google gives the general area of the landing site! It's kind of fun to poke around & locate it.

From Aurora Center go 1 mile north then, head west. You will run into this sign.

ryani

Ripped by that area around 11:30 am on sunday.  I try to take a different route every time.  The silo was SW of stickney just a few miles..
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Harry Potter

What's this last ride of the year stuff?  If the streets are dry, you can ride. You should have kept that green meeny and studded the tires.  :)
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

tannerc

Or there is this guy.

SF received 14" of snow and he's got places to be!

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."