News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab April 2016

Started by Hank, December 15, 2015, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Dates have moved, but are now locked in.

Arriving in Moab 4/23, leaving for home early 4/29 - so 5 days of riding (or whatever you want).

I have a condo reserved.  Its a bigger one - 1700 square feet with beds (if you consider the 3 sleeping pads) for 9 (see more thoughts on that below).

https://moabcondorentals.com/43243

No firm plans other than to go to Moab with dirt bikes and ride a lot of trails.   And grill steaks and drink, and maybe play poker.

The IN list as of 3/29:

Me (Hank)
Ryan (Ryani)
Cadet (Cadet1)
Paul (Bikeless)
Jay (Yakmulligan)
Lance (biker4ever)
Rob (Robmicgrn)
Ken (Chickenhauler)

Maybe list as of 3/29:
Dave (Lonesome)

Budget wise.. last year it cost us all in the 6-700 range for the same length of time for the entire trip, which is a real bargain.    IIRC lodging last year was 1300 split 4 ways.   Lodging is 2200 for the week with this place, so with 7+ that should cost less per person than we spent last year.
Gas might be cheaper.    Last year we didn't eat a single meal out, just cooked breakfast in, had a light lunch, and grilled at night.   Worked great.

If more than 9 want to come.. that's great, but someone will need to line up a 2nd place (I can help too).  There are still a lot available as of 12/15/15, but they are starting to book up.

If we end up with say 11 that want to go, I think it would be fair that 7 stay in this condo and 4 in the other (smaller) to keep the costs in line.  I'm just speculating that that'd be ok with the group, but if we keep lodging under 350/person it seems reasonable to me.

Hank

I could reserve a 2nd nearby condo, and cancel it before 30 days without charge I'm pretty sure.
If we end up with a dozen plus wanting to go, we're gonna need it.

greatbuffalo

Would love to do this but I am off to Austin for the Moto GP races earlier in the month. That will use up my monthly allowance plus some more.

Maybe next year.

Hank, I found the trail guide in my van the other day, if you'd like I could get it to Ryani and he can take it with him when you go.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Yeah give it to Ryan.. I've got my own copy but I'm sure he'd appreciate it.   Better come with next year!

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

Hank

This is open to anyone that wants to go, so don't be shy about posting up .. please just post your confidence level so I or someone can work on lodging.

Robmicgrn

Count me in! Work should be slow enough in March for me to disappear for a week.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Hank

Just to be clear it's late April..

Quote from: Robmicgrn on December 17, 2015, 09:41:41 AM
Count me in! Work should be slow enough in March for me to disappear for a week.

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Hank on December 18, 2015, 05:19:55 AM
Just to be clear it's late April..

Quote from: Robmicgrn on December 17, 2015, 09:41:41 AM

I got it.............   :o
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Hank

I can rent a 2nd 3 bedroom in same area for same price, or a 2 BR for about 75%.  Can cancel with no charge as long as we're 30 days or more out.  Thoughts?

chickenhauler31

Me too! I'll bring some chickens
2013 KTM 690R

Hank

Does that mean you're IN?

Chickens are good.  We'll have a grill :)

Quote from: chickenhauler31 on December 20, 2015, 09:53:28 PM
Me too! I'll bring some chickens

chickenhauler31

2013 KTM 690R

Hank

OK cool.

That makes 9 IN and a few probables.   I think I'll reserve a 2nd spot.. I can always cancel it.

Hank

I got a second smaller condo lined up..

Hank

Waking this conversation up again.. any other takers?  Dave, are you IN?   Dr. P?
We're right at the point we need that second condo, but without more guys (or gals) 2 places might be a little expensive.  I have a while yet before the cancellation deadline gets here, but I don't want to be scrambling at the last second either.

It would also be great if someone else would take over that second reservation if we decide its needed.. :)