News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab April 2016

Started by Hank, December 15, 2015, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

This is the 2nd condo:

https://moabcondorentals.com/32459   Sleeps 4 I think (6 if you want to snuggle).

That one is 1760 for the week.    If we just split all the lodging evenly, it'd be a total of about 4000, split however many ways.   13 guys is the sweet spot, one per bed which works out pretty cheap, 307 each.  Even 10 would be reasonable at 400 each I think.  The whole trip would still probably be in that 6-700 range depending on how gas is split, and we have cheap gas in our favor.  Everything else is cheap if we eat in, which is more fun anyway.  These places have nice decks, grills, well stocked and equipped kitchens.   Paul will cook omelets everyday.  I haven't told him that yet but he will.

I guess I'd like some opinions and it'd be nice to know what lodging budget everyone is OK with.   I'd spend 500 for 8 guys and have all kinds of room.. another 100 bucks is fine for an annual EPIC trip like this, but I don't want anyone pissed off at me because I bit off more than we should chew too :)

flexlarson

I may be interested.  What's the scoop.  Who's hauling bikes you guys coming through rapid? I can sleep on the floor. 🤓
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

Hank

Quote from: flexlarson on January 21, 2016, 01:09:08 PM
I may be interested.  What's the scoop.  Who's hauling bikes you guys coming through rapid? I can sleep on the floor. 🤓

Rob and Ken are the guys you want to talk to about ride sharing.    One of the east river / MN groups might come through too, probably hasn't been discussed much yet, but both those guys are local to you.

The NE SD / ND / MN group is Me, Jay, Lance, Paul, and Duffer if he's in.   I can haul 4 bikes/guys/gear.  Ryan, Cadet and Travis are SE SD and I'm assuming they'll be traveling together.

Robmicgrn

Ken (chickenhauler) and I will be leaving from Rapid City. We are playing with options for hauling down to Moab, but we have access to trucks and trailers no problem, and room for at least 2 more most likely.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

flexlarson

Guys I just realized I'm booked to do a training on 26-29 in Chicago.   I'm out.  😒
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

dufferv65

Haven't been watching this very close lately but the date change, brings 'some' uncertainty when committing to this trip.  You can put me down on the 1/25 probably list.  If me going creates the need fro a second condo or what not I will sit out this year. 
To give you an idea how well Hank is at reserving condos, here's a pic looking out to the La Sal's mtn from the condo living room last year.
Bring spare parts too!  Think I broke something everyday, including my tooth the one day!!! 

Dr Psyko

I keep hoping I can pull this off, but this spring is getting ridiculous for me.  I'll be grinding my teeth when you guys are out there, have a great time!
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Robmicgrn

Is it April yet  ??????? ??? It will not get here soon enough!

Hank

I wish.  I'm thinking I should cancel that second condo.  Any opinions?   

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

ryani

If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Robmicgrn

I would say yes, but maybe wait till the last minute? you never who might want to jump in or out at the last minute.

On a different note

58 Friday and 67 Saturday in the hills!

Who is riding this weekend?????

Hank

Yeah, I can hold off for another 3 weeks.

Bogus Jim

If you're on the Slavens mailing list, you've probably already seen this vid. Posting it here cause it seems like the kind of thing that could happen in Moab...  :o

Hank

Yeesh.  He's real lucky he didn't go along for the ride.     I prefer at least 10 feet of "error buffer" between me and the cliff :)

biker4ever

I think I would have to move to Kansas to ride after that.