News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring Rally 2016

Started by greatbuffalo, December 29, 2015, 10:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

The time has come to start thinking about the Spring Rally in an effort to avoid the confusion and miscommunication that took place last year.

The thing that has to be nailed down is the date as I think the place, Fish N Fry CC will be the default location as dictated by history.

After looking at the calendar the best weekend for me is June 16 - 19. This may not be the best weekend for you and if that is the case, make it known. This is a "what ever is best for the group" type of deal.

Just wanted to get the conversation started.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

NDirt Rider

That works for me I took that week off already expecting it to be then

Hank

Works for me.   When I get home I'll set up a new section on the forum.

Sent from the Altair 8800 I carry around.

ryani

If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Lonesome Dave

I checked, but didn't find a schedules for the ATV rally and rock crawlers.  There's an ATV rally at Nemo around that time and the rock crawlers are about the same time.  The rock crawlers only effect us on the camping/lodging and the ATV rally we usually avoid the congestion in the Nemo & Pilots Knob areas.  That weekend works for me.  I just wish those other guys would pick a different weekend.

Couple of more things.  Tonight I just got permission from a land owner to cross her property (I will have my own key.)  I haven't searched around on any maps yet to see if it would be beneficial for the group, but I know it will be for me when I by myself. 

Also, just yesterday I heard of a new place that needs to be found/seen.  It is the last known oxen driven wheel in the Black Hills.  It's up near Glit Edge Mine which is near Butcher Glutch and of course Galena.  Once I saw some old aerial photos from 1988 and then one from 1998 I figured it out.  In fact, I found it on google maps. LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ZIGGY

Quote from: greatbuffalo on December 29, 2015, 10:34:53 PM

After looking at the calendar the best weekend for me is June 16 - 19.

Same here!
Is it June yet?

greatbuffalo

Looks like the weekend of the 16th - 19th is according to the poll. Get your reservations in soon.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

sandhillrider

We made our reservations. Now just need 6 month to go by to get there!

MoreIsLess

How big bike friendly is it? Are there multiple trails to choose from? Im from east river.
2008 Buell XB12X

Fletch

there are several different groups riding varied terrain, you should be able to easily find something to your liking.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

MoreIsLess

Thanks. We actually did some pretty sketchy stuff this weekend on my 90/10 tires so I think Ill be ok. Getting the TKC80 up front and K60 in the rear for this trip
2008 Buell XB12X