News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2016 fuel injected 390rr and the Xtrainer.

Started by Harry Potter, January 15, 2016, 09:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry Potter

I stopped in at Rapid City's new Beta Dealer -  Rosco's - and saw the new 2016 390rr and Xtrainer and wanted to haul both home. The reviews on the 390rr, like Feb/March Dirt Rider magazine, have been phenomenal. In the back of my mind though is the question "Am I a good enough rider to even feel or appreciate the improvements over my 2011 450rr.?"  If I took a test ride and came back thinking  "Oh Ya-" I'd have to clean out the stable for one bike. Luckily I live 300 miles away and it is winter and my emotional impulses will have time to cool down. One of you locals out there should jump on that bike so Rosco's has to tell me it is gone.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Believe me, I've been looking at it since the day it arrived.  But, Harry P. if you buy the 390 you'll need to get rid of a 450rr that I already know I like.  ::) 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Harry Potter

The rear shock blew out on me at the Jamuary 9th Jimmy Lewis class so the 450rr is now at Rosco's for repair. So you can look at the both bikes side by side. The 390 certainly jumps out at you more. My home made seat certainly does not help my bike's looks but I have the original full stock seat.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

toadl

Quote from: Harry Potter on January 15, 2016, 09:44:42 PM
"Am I a good enough rider to even feel or appreciate the improvements over my 2011 450rr.?" 

I don't think it's a question if you are a good enough rider, but is the bike improved enough to make you a better rider.
I'm usually wrong