News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

June 2016 Sign up

Started by Hank, January 27, 2016, 08:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Quote from: GS Jeff on June 15, 2016, 07:39:02 AM
Have to back out guys.  Been looking forward to this trip for 9 months.  I knew Father's Day weekend was going to be tough for me being a restaurant guy so I waited until the last minute to sign up.  Looked good until yesterday.  Stinks having a business where you depend on so many people to do their jobs. 

I'll put feelers out in July and see if anyone wants to meet for a day or two of riding in the Hills before the Fall rally.

Yeah that's a bummer!

Hank

This is stickied over in the trip planning board, but its worth a review before hitting the road.

http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=36.msg113#msg113

loingrader

Funny how many of the regulars in 2008 are gone these days.  Have fun guys.  Duty calls at the sweat shop.  Wish I was able to make it but I hope to make it this fall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

jacin theis

"Last weekend, PegLeg and I were able to scout a 7hr (ish) double track loop that starts at Experimental Forest and ends at Sugar Shack.  Besides experimental Forest, trail will go through Mystic, Victoria Lake, and region south of Pilot Knob.

I plan to show up on Friday and lead a group of 10 or 12 on an easy going, intermediate ride.  I think it will be pretty scenic for Newbies

Wacked"

I plan to go up tonight and visit and have dinner. I think Gerry will let me steal some space in his camper. Looking forward to riding Friday. Its been a while, so easy does it sounds good to me. Thanks Brad and Pegleg for finding a ride at my level.....
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

grubbie

Quote from: jacin theis on June 16, 2016, 05:46:14 PM
"Last weekend, PegLeg and I were able to scout a 7hr (ish) double track loop that starts at Experimental Forest and ends at Sugar Shack.  Besides experimental Forest, trail will go through Mystic, Victoria Lake, and region south of Pilot Knob.

I plan to show up on Friday and lead a group of 10 or 12 on an easy going, intermediate ride.  I think it will be pretty scenic for Newbies

Wacked"
Was hoping to ride over and at least catch this ride, but not going to make it. If someone saves a track I'd like to have it so I could ride it in a couple weeks?

Fletch

I have Friday off, so if anyone needs someone to ride with, or a guide (half assed) let me know.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

JcodyJ

What time will everybody be leaving to ride on Sunday morning? I live in sturgis and ride a xr650r I would have signed up earlier bud didn't know if I'd have a day off or not. I'd love to meet everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacin theis

Not sure who up there will see this and the internet is bad sketchy. If you are make it by 9:00, you will get on a ride. Hope you have fun, its a fun bunch to ride with.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

gerry1eye

Well, the 2016 spring rally officially ended Sunday about 4:30 PM for Great Buffalo, when he crashed in the Fish and Fry parking lot after a great 120 mile trail ride. This is a typical picture for KLR's and a certain Triumph missing a foot peg. I had GREAT rides lead by Brad, Stan, L-Dave  and MARK - Thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks. Now if we could ride some motorcycle only trails (not singletrack). Already looking forward to the fall rally!
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

Hank

:evil    Well, it looks like a good place to crash.

I hope everyone had a great time.  I know I did.

greatbuffalo

It was pretty funny. I was riding into camp and headed for my room when I noticed my wife over at Dave's place. I cranked the bars to change direction and grabbed too much front brake on marbles. Jerry got a great laugh out of it....... I did too.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

NDave

Ziggy I have your table.       258 3421.         LD  Wee works great call when you have time.       Thanks to all who brought food.     I got 400 miles over the weekend.     Fall rally can be anywhere it's all good. Thanks to trip leaders Brad Woody Dave & Mark    I did not see much blood on anyone.      Remember safety third

Hank

Yes to all the food providers - THANKS!    That is a lot of work and its very much appreciated!   Hopefully the kitty got enough $$ to cover it all and then some.

woodsrider 53 RCSD

Thanks to all for the good Company good food and trails . Ready for the fall rally now .

woodsrider 53 RCSD

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:   WOODSRIDER 53
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:    2
DATE ARRIVING:                 15
DATE LEAVING:                    18 or 19   
TENT OR RV:                       RV
SIZE OF RV:                 

NUMBER OF TENTS:             0