News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

New power cruiser in the garage

Started by ryani, February 08, 2016, 08:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryani

Sold the klx in the am and picked this ol girl in the pm.

91 Suzuki gsx1100g. Basically a shaft drive katana. It runs sweet. All it needs is brakes and a seat cover and she'll be ready for this summer.

If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

loingrader

I love the look of those older naked gs bikes.  That looks like a really nice bike.  Should be practically bulletproof.  Nice find Ryan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

ryani

Thanks.  The windshield already went missing and I'm looking for some lower bars.

Going to do brakes and oil changes. Motor and final drive.

Will be a nice bike for two up fun!

Harry Potter

I didn't grow up around bikes so I didn't even know so many neat bikes even exist, ie. I wouldn't even know what to look for on Craig's List
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

ryani

Oh Mr Potter. Be blessed that you don't constantly comb through craigslist ads.

Sometimes I think there should be a 12 step program to stop looking at bikes!

But if you'd still like to learn come over some night and I'll show you the ropes. But you have been warned. It's a sickness!

Hank

I've been mentioning to Ryan that GSXR 1100 heads/ cams / carbs probably bolt right up on that  :evil

Those are great old bikes.   I love how similar they look to the GS1100E of the early/mid 80s.   Also great looking bikes.

greatbuffalo

Cool

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

loingrader

That windscreen would be pretty nice on 1000 mile days or when the temps drop below 40.  Course I'm a function over form guy every time. 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

ryani

Yes the older I become the more functional I get. The windshield is only two bolts away from going back on.

I ordered a small tinted flyscreen for my form side. Ha-ha

ryani

Well I gave it a 180 mile shake down run a few weeks back. Great machine for eating miles!

Had a clattery valvetrain so I adjusted valves and installed a manual cam chain tensioner since the old girl has 36000 miles. Installed today.  It's smooth and quiet again!!

Mark kreiger...Kreiger cam tensioners made me one for it. Awesome service and a down right bargain. Had one on the klx too
Found a factory backrest for it too. It was a needle in a haystack and the gentleman knew what he had. Oh well got some color matched paint and a pad for it.  Mama is happy to say the least!!

Can't wait for some summer road trips on the big Suzy.

tannerc

Quote from: ryani on February 08, 2016, 09:43:59 PM
Oh Mr Potter. Be blessed that you don't constantly comb through craigslist ads.

Sometimes I think there should be a 12 step program to stop looking at bikes!

But if you'd still like to learn come over some night and I'll show you the ropes. But you have been warned. It's a sickness!

It is a very bad illness, I do it way too much. It's like gambling because one of those times scrolling through the ads something is going to catch your eye and you will spend money.

I really like that suzy, I thought about one a few times, the 1100 and the 800. I like the lines on those bikes.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

They remind me of the GS1100E, which I really like.

Harry Potter

So how does this bike feel vs the Kawi Versis?
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

ryani

It's low comfy heavy and fast!  No vibes. Way better two up. Which it will be used for mostly.

It's a great mileage muncher.  Can't wait to throw some miles at it this summer