News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Inuvik, NWT & Alaska

Started by sleddog, October 16, 2014, 09:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleddog

Thanks HP, I've been to Alaska several times. Each time a different way. The last two have been off pavement. Just going a different way this ride. If you look close at the green line from home, all the way through BC, you'll see it is all off pavement. Take a look east of  Kamloops ....That green line is a few miles west of Revelstoke & is gravel/FSR all the way to Terrace.

Kettle Valley Railway, Fraser Valley, Gang Ranch all off pavement. If you haven't done that you're don't know what you're missing!

The yellow line is a quick way home, for reference, not necessarily the way I'll do it.

Harry Potter

Man we better get together and go over maps. Maybe the next Saturday breakfast.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Vickers427

I moved to Alaska and been up here for about 2 years now. Left my bikes down in SD and other then a couple 100 miles I rode in Thailand and Cambodia last winter I haven't put any miles on a bike, to busy with work. Got a new position at work that offers a little more time off so I decided to trade my street triple in for a new tiger XCx in Omaha. I fly back in 2 weeks and then going to ride the tiger up here. The plan is to go from Mitchell SD down to Denver and back up through the Rockies, yellowstone NP, Banff NP and kinda wing it to big lake AK where I can park it for a work hitch and come back to ride all the way up to prudhoe bay and back down to big lake. I will have about 2 months of time off to do this so it won't be at a break neck pace just kinda enjoy the ride and sights. A coworker of mine road her KLX from anchorage to New Mexico and gave me a map of some cool rides and stops. Kinda winging the whole trip so we will see how it goes but I will try to post some pics along the way...  if I can figure out how. Any of you need a place to store a bike up here or crash I got friends through the whole state that would be more then more then happy to accommodate!

Fletch

Sounds like a great trip!!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

sleddog

A couple months of wandering is a great way to enjoy the adventure!