News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLC63

Those logos look great. I'm in for sure. What are the exact dates and where do we meet on Friday?

Kyle
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

mitchn06

Ideally we will meet early morning in Mitchell on the 27th probably at ryani's place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

KLC63

That's May 27th right? What is the address?

Thanks, Kyle

mitchn06

Don't know the address. Further details will be released when we get closer.

KLC63

Dr Psyko

Johnny come lately here. I've been sitting in the weeds watching this. I can't do the spring meet, but this might be possible. Let me try to summarize: starting from Mitchell on Friday the 27th, time yet to be determined?  Heading off God knows where, mostly gravel and some trails, camping along the way, returning back towards Mitchell in approximately one week?  It sounds like there are a lot of people coming and going from the ride which is cool.  Is this the gist of it?

Thanks!

Tim
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not slide through life.

Robmicgrn

I plan on leaving Mitchell Friday and back in Rapid City Sunday. I don't think it takes more than 2-3 days to do the TSDAT (that might be pushing it). I think Bogus Jim did it in 12 hours total or something.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

It was more than 12 hours. But I bet if I had a 1190 I could do it in 12. I've read you can just hold the throttle wide open and the Traction Control will pick the appropriate speed for the conditions.

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Bogus Jim on April 16, 2016, 05:37:36 PM
It was more than 12 hours. But I bet if I had a 1190 I could do it in 12. I've read you can just hold the throttle wide open and the Traction Control will pick the appropriate speed for the conditions.
yea I went back and read your post/picture. It had 23 point something hours of travel round trip. 12 there and twelve back.  ;)
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

KLC63

Will we be grabbing food @ restaurants along the way?

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on April 16, 2016, 05:37:36 PM

Yea, that's exactly how it works, 12 hours should be reasonable. 
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Jim, You crack me up! I looked to see if I could use that technique on my Tenere but my owners manual said that only works on Austrian machines.

As for the plan, I have no part in the planning of this but this is what I believe.
Leave from Mitchell Friday morning and be done by Monday. Making it a long Weekend. Camping along the way. Some campsites are a short distance from food while others are not. So I would plan on packing food for those times where it is not available. As small Stove and a can of Dinty Moore is always a good and easy plan for such times. I do like eat a good lunch at a slop shop during the day and eat lite at night. This route doesn't always take you to the vacinity of good grub. I say plan for anything and adapt.

I'm sure Ryan will chime in if he has a better idea on these things.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

mitchn06

Correct GB, leave Mitchell Friday morning, camp along the way, get food at gas stations along the way or whatever, bring snacks, I'm opposite of GB, I like to eat light during the day and big at night, otherwise my body gets tired in the afternoon. There will be groups coming and leaving throughout the weekend, adaptation is a must, dinty Moore is a great backup as is a can of tuna, bowl of easy mac. Whatever you can beat up or add hot water to. Plan is to be done with the ride on Sunday, Monday would be a return home day.

KLC63

Harry Potter

Since this could be a big group, can I suggest we meet for breakfast Friday morning at Perkins in Mitchell, departing no later than 9:30AM. There is a good trail head just south of Perkins to do the James River dirt path to Yankton.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.