News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Early or Late June Trans SD Adventure Trail Group Ride

Started by mitchn06, February 08, 2016, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchn06

Hey Guys, been thinking of doing some type of group ride across the state. I know there is a group of guys going to Moab in late April and I myself doing a trip to the Ozarks early May. I was thinking about either before or after the DDSR. I believe it can be done in 4 days of riding for sure from start to home on the last day.Camping along the way. If anybody else is interested.....Chime In!
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

Harry Potter

I would be interested, before the June DDSR weekend would be better for me. I was planning on doing a week after the DDSR weekend on exploring the dirt roads of eastern Wyoming.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

ryani

You know I'm in. I'm thinking before the June DDSR also.  Milville is Mid July this year
If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Harry Potterexploring the dirt roads of eastern Wyoming.

Here's a couple good books if you want to ride dirt roads in Wyoming.

http://www.amazon.com/000-MILES-DIRT-Backroad-Wyoming/dp/1936870010/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455037995

http://www.amazon.com/Wyoming-Backroads-Off-Highway-Wyomings-Backcountry/dp/0974090050/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NH5CGY5RYNCFGJSVCP0

The first one is an old book, so a few of those roads are now paved. I've noticed more pavement even in the last few years.

Harry Potter

Thanks Jim I ordered both books. I like old houses and old schools. Hope there are some out there.
"The best modification you can make to your bike is a better rider," Jimmy Lewis.

Robmicgrn

I would be up for it as well. East to West? Weather would play a big part for me as everything I have read says that the TSDAT route turns to S$%* with any kind of moisture.
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Harry Potter

Grubbie, I'd love to photograph that old school. Is it still there and if so where? Thanks

mitchn06

yes, east to west probably. We could probably  pull an all-nighter at ryani's place, then saddle up in the am? ok maybe not, but meet in Mitchell none the less if you want to do the full route. I did a part of it a few years ago and started around 1pm in yankton. by 1pm the next day we were in kennebec. I swear we were following a road grater all day for 2 days, so it is possible to run it faster. Last fall i finished it, starting in Wasta around noon and ending in Kennebec just after sunset, and i was booking it.
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650 New Edition

ryani

Maybe not all nighter but a half-a-nighter would be fine!  We have plenty of room. I'll put out the tent space sign the week before.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: mitchn06 on February 10, 2016, 11:59:34 AM
I did a part of it a few years ago and started around 1pm in yankton. by 1pm the next day we were in kennebec. I swear we were following a road grater all day for 2 days, so it is possible to run it faster. Last fall i finished it, starting in Wasta around noon and ending in Kennebec just after sunset, and i was booking it.

I did it in 28 hours (round trip from Rapid, took pavement east) but those were a couple pretty long days. 3-4 days would be more enjoyable I think.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

ryani

That sounds like great fun!   Will have to set up classes based on CC's and age of machine plus age of rider.

Harry Potter